Respected Contributor

Asking For A Credit on Price Difference?

How long of a time period is reasonable to ask for a credit difference?  I purchase an item from HSN on 2/2 and received it on 2/9.  The item is now on clearance.  It's not that big of a difference, almost $20.  I was going to call tomorrow and ask but I don't want to if it sounds unreasonable.

Honored Contributor

Re: Asking For A Credit on Price Difference?

I say two weeks is the longest.

Esteemed Contributor

I've asked for & received price adjustments 30 days after purchasing items.

Honored Contributor

call customer service.

they will give you a refund of the price difference within thirty days. you can get it credited back to your credit card or get the difference in spendable kash.

both hsn and qvc are good at doing this.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your thoughts.  I will feel more comfortable now making the call. 

Trusted Contributor

You have 30 days to ask for a credit.  Same at QVC.  FYI - I never call.  If you go to the HSN Forums, there is a forum called Customer Service - Need Help.  You will see lots of entries from members asking for their price reduction credit.  I do it all the time and the mods respond to those emails fairly quickly.  

I provide the item number and product description.  And usually what I paid for it and what the new price is.  Some people just list the item number.  Saves me waiting on phone.

I wish the QVC Customer Care forum could be used for this but I haven't gotten the feeling this is one of their functions.  Or they would request you email them all the information which HSN does not.

Trusted Contributor

I use HSN's chat tool to contact customer service. It's always fast, easy and pleasant!
Valued Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:
I use HSN's chat tool to contact customer service. It's always fast, easy and pleasant!

I've done that too @pinkmochi and, like you said, it is fast and they are always friendly.  Just have the order number on hand.

Honored Contributor

I think the "rule" is 30 days.  I have a different take on this, I don't want to discourage QVC from offering sale prices, so I don't ask.  I also don't check very often, I guess I don't want to know.  If I discover by accident, I swallow hard and let it go.

Respected Contributor

@vickie25 I was not aware of that but then again, I don't belong to their forums.  But thank you for that information.  I did call and received the refund, and it is 30 days.