Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are you mindful of your outfit/footwear when you have to weigh in?

Oh yes...I'm very mindful of what I wear when going to the dr. Our company has a wellness plan...so we have to be weighed once a year....and report our wt to a 3rd party. Weight along w/ the glucose, blood pressure and cholesterol.

I go next week and have already weighed myself in two different outfits to pick the lightest one. I do care about those extra pounds from clothes. ( I know...silly).

I've always had to work to keep off weight and I try very hard to keep w/in that 5 lb gain limit. It's so much harder now that I'm over 50. I had medical issues a while back where I put on quite a bit of weight and it took forever losing it. (counting calories and running/walking).

Because it was so easy for me to gain weight and so bloomin' hard to lose weight...I'm a bit obsessive about keeping my wt below a certain # and going to the dr and being weighed w/ clothes on...after eating, etc...I fly by the certain #.

My husband...he couldn't give a rip. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Regular Contributor

The PA always tells me to remove my shoes

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely not ... but this is a very interesting thread. I never realized anyone even thought about this.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Oh, yes! I love it when the weather's warmer and shoes are lighter.

Respected Contributor

I would probably be quite aware if I was wearing a winter outfit like a leather pant suit, coat, and boots. Maybe we should weigh what we wear before hand and subtract it from what the scales read. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Valued Contributor

On 11/9/2014 CharliF said:

If I have to worry about what I'm wearing before a weigh-in, then I know I'm too heavy! A couple of pounds of boots/clothes doesn't really make a difference, does it?

{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Ditto.
Honored Contributor

They always tell me to take off my shoes and jacket.

Honored Contributor

Just go in a wheelchair. They won't ask you to weigh in.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Yes. I wear lighter clothes and always take off my shoes.
Honored Contributor

No. I know I'm overweight. Another pound or two ain't going to make much difference.