Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone longing for classic waist stretch jeans?

@faeriemoon wrote:

I'm looking for a modern waist jean with a slim leg.  I find the Q jeans have very full cut legs.   I have purchased the Denim &Co How Timeless Denim jeggings, and the legs are still kind of wide.  Certainly not jeggings.

Jeans are jeans and jeggings are jeggings they are not the same thing. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the LLBean, perfect fit jeans.  They do colors in cotton/spandex and they do blue jeans, pull on, straight leg and slim leg jeans. $39.00. I've had mine for 2 years now. Just be sure to turn them inside out when you wash them.  and I just tumble dry low.  Love them.  I have all the long pants and all the crops too...I cuff the slim leg jeans for the summer.  Try them you'll like them!  Forgot to mention: size down one size.

Honored Contributor

@puff99

Coldwater Creek has these-

Honored Contributor

'Kinda wondering'...........the difference between 'Original' Waist and 'Classic' Waist...........Maybe 'Original' waistband sits higher above the belly button..........  The higher the waistband, the better for me. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

I like the same style - higher waist, pull on but not boot cut.  I've found some Alfred Dunner in a local department store. 

Esteemed Contributor

@puff99 wrote:

I understand fashion dictates a 'modern waste', but trust me many women including me should not wear them. 

I'm looking for a classic waist, boot cut, pull on jeans; does anyone know of a brand that I might try?    I've been looking so long, all my current jeans are becoming paper thin and long ready for the trash. 

Thanks for your help!

NYDJ.  Try to get them on sale.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

'Kinda wondering'...........the difference between 'Original' Waist and 'Classic' Waist...........Maybe 'Original' waistband sits higher above the belly button..........  The higher the waistband, the better for me. 

@ROMARY

High Rise

Women's high rise pants are designed to provide maximum coverage. The waist typically extends above the navel and fastens at or above the narrowest part of the waist.

Natural Waist

This term is usually only used for women’s clothing. Pants with a natural waist typically position the waistband at or just above the navel. Natural rise will usually measure around 11 to 12 inches from the crotch seam to the top of the waistband on women’s pants.

Just Below Waist

Women’s pants with this rise will usually position the waistband just below the navel. The rise will usually measure approximately 10 to 11 inches from the crotch seam to the top of the waistband.

Mid-Rise

This is a standard rise for most men's pants. Mid-rise will usually position the waistband just below the navel.

Low Rise

Low-rise pants sit lower on the waist than other rises, generally several inches below the navel. It’s a good idea to wear low-rise pants that fit snuggly in order to prevent unseemly wardrobe malfunctions, especially when sitting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, Lola!  For whatever reason, I have a wide waist for my size, yet fairly narrow above the waistband.  Therefore, I need the length, so my bottom portion feels comfortable. Hence:  High Rise fits me the best.  I don't know if that makes any sense to others, though.  Years ago (many), I had a heck of a time trying to find two piece swimsuits (modified bikini(s)), because I needed the fabric to cover the top of my 'lower backside area'. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

how about J.Jill?

Pure Jill barely boot-cut indigo pants

Our take on the boot cut, with a slimmer fit through the knee and leg. In soft indigo-dyed French terry for the look of denim with the ease of a knit. Comfortable elasticized waistband with darts.

• Long: M 31½" inseam, P 29" inseam, W 31½" inseam, T 34½" inseam
  • Below waistline
  • 96% cotton and 4% spandex knit
  • Machine wash, tumble dry, low
  • Imported

There is also a straight leg.

I have both, love them.

The pants are pull on.

Respected Contributor

@puff99I found some really cute jeans at the "Dollar General". I wanted something comfy for when we travel but still looks nice.