Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone Purchasing Mizrahi TSV Pants? So Cute!!!

[ Edited ]

@Silverandgoldwrote:

I am passing on these as I've bought Isaac's 24/7 pants before & they shrink & fade.  Also, certain colors would fit better than others even though the same size. They are good for one season then toss.   I have purchased other pants much less expensive from other well known chains & they wear so much better.  

@Silverandgold  .. you can't put them in the dryer because they do shrink.   I have never had a problem with the colors fading.

Respected Contributor

This is my experience:  When Isaac first debuted the 24/7 pants, I purchased 2 pair in my usual size 8P and they fit nicely.  After several washings and drying on low, they shrunk everywhere.  Have not been able to wear since, and recently donated.  Looked at them today, loved the navy dot and black/white check and decided to take a chance but I ordered a size up in case they shrink.  I have 30 days to return, so I plan to wear and wash and see what happens.  They are free shipping today so I will lose $6.95 if they don't work as I will return them in one bag.  Keeping my fingers crossed because they are so cute and not everyone offers Petite Pants.

Super Contributor

@Annabellethecat66wrote:

@HeiressIn-FL Well, thanks for the compliments!  However, (here it comes), well, this was back in the mid 60's and early 70's.  

It was a time when Jackie Kennedy's style was popular so the clothes were simplistic.  They were sheath dresses (i.e. straight kinda A-line).

Some had a yolk one color or design and the bottom part would be the opposite.  They were plain and colorful.  It was a wonderful time to be young.  I was married at barely 19 (married for 38 years when he died) and we only knew each other 3 months.  We'd have married sooner but couldn't get the church at Ft Myer Arlington (on base) because they were burying so many Vietnam soldiers from there.  My late husband was in the Honor Guard (they march and guard the Unknown Soldier, etc).  That's where he is buried (on base) and it was a wonderful ceremony.  I mention it because it was like it all came full circle (married started life together and ended this life together there).

I'm so sorry, I always get totally off subject.  I think I'm just getting old...Ha!  Now where are my go-go boots and bring up that cage for me to dance (remember "Sock It To Me" with Goldie Hawn on TV?  Ha!  I made different sleeves (i.e. capped, long, sleeveless, etc).  I made some with Peter Pan collars, etc.  It was easy.  Like putting together a puzzle.

Kate Spade New York - Scallop Sleeveless Dress

Oh my, what a beautiful love story you shared with your husband. I'm teary-eyed just reading this. I can't imagine how much you must miss him, because I can't imagine life without my husband. We haven't been married as long as you were, but he's my world. How blessed you were (and still are). I love that dress!! God bless you, dear Annabelle.❤🙏 PS. I'm a catlover, too!🐈🐱
Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Super Contributor

@house_catwrote:

@HeiressIn-FL

My preferred MO is to dry them on delicate until damp, then hang them straight.  Having said that, DH is the Laundry King around here these days and he puts them into the dryer with this jeans - somehow they've managed to survive. 

Sounds good to me! That's awesome, house_cat! Thank you! Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

@cherrywrote:

I wash and dry everything ,including Isaac's clothing. I have never had anything shrink ,on me

Great to know! Thank you, cherry! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@HeiressIn-FL  I only have 1 pr, and they are a recent buy. I haven't had any problems at all, and they have been washed and dried several times

Super Contributor

@Catch71wrote:

This is my experience:  When Isaac first debuted the 24/7 pants, I purchased 2 pair in my usual size 8P and they fit nicely.  After several washings and drying on low, they shrunk everywhere.  Have not been able to wear since, and recently donated.  Looked at them today, loved the navy dot and black/white check and decided to take a chance but I ordered a size up in case they shrink.  I have 30 days to return, so I plan to wear and wash and see what happens.  They are free shipping today so I will lose $6.95 if they don't work as I will return them in one bag.  Keeping my fingers crossed because they are so cute and not everyone offers Petite Pants.

That was smart, njgirl! I sized up in the green and paisley and ordered my reg size in the black. If they do shrink a little, it seems easier to camoflauge in Black than in the light colors. (That's just me! lol!) Thanks so much! Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Me! Me! Me!  I bought two pair of the ankle pants, the checked and the polka dot.  I love the 24/7 pants, and the ankle is such a great look for the spring and summer in the office.  I also wear them in the winter with booties.

Edited to add:  I always wash on cold, gentle, and do not dry any of my clothes.  I use a drying rack for my daughter's clothes as well as mine.  I feel like the clothes last longer, the color lasts longer, no shrinkage (no matter the manufacturer) and I like to try to save a little bit on the elec bill.  Hubby uses the dryer for all of his.Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@ajsidney12wrote:

Me! Me! Me!  I bought two pair of the ankle pants, the checked and the polka dot.  I love the 24/7 pants, and the ankle is such a great look for the spring and summer in the office.  I also wear them in the winter with booties.

Edited to add:  I always wash on cold, gentle, and do not dry any of my clothes.  I use a drying rack for my daughter's clothes as well as mine.  I feel like the clothes last longer, the color lasts longer, no shrinkage (no matter the manufacturer) and I like to try to save a little bit on the elec bill.  Hubby uses the dryer for all of his.Smiley Wink

Do they wrinkle and need ironing if you just hang them to dry?

Respected Contributor

They are cute, but I can't wear his 24/7 pants with the pull-up waist. They roll down on me and without belt loops, there is nothing I can do about it except to entirely avoid them.