Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody wear that obi belt ?

[ Edited ]

Hmmm, more than 42000 sold?  I wonder how many were returned?  Could it be like that famous holiday fruitcake that just keeps getting handed off from one person to the next?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These Obi belt threads crack me up! Maybe the obi belt is such a big seller for holiday gifts, it will become the chia pet of fashions, coming back every Q4 with a new version just in time for gifting. LOL!

I happen to like & wear an obi belt often, maybe weekly. I own one GILI and it's my fav of what I own-several others purchased at Nordy many years ago. The double faced leather of the GILI one gives it structure and keeps it from collapsing or curling. I think the quality of the leather & design is superb.  

Airtime is very costly. I'm sure Q very very carefully considers what products to air and sales conversion/revenue is the #1 factor in the decision process. If the belt didn't generate a certain level of revenue & sales conversion was low, it wouldn't receive as much airtime. It's a stretch, but guess it's possible a buyer goofed and over ordered, so they might have a warehouse the size of a football field filled with obi belts, lol.

Now, to really be effective and really annoy, Q needs to come up with a memorable jingle for obi like the one created for cha-cha-cha-chia. Woman LOL

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

40 years ago, I would have worn a belt like that, if I could have afforded it.  My days for that style are gone, & it really is not for every body type, or style of garment over which it is worn.  For those who do have it - - enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

U.G.H. for that G.I.L.I. obi-wan-kenobi belt. It would have to be the first item presented in P.M. Style. It looks awful on the plus sized model Jackie. The size of the cobalt blue G.I.L.I. moto jacket she was wearing is too small and it is such a poor fit and design for someone who is busty. What in the world are the "designers" thinking with all of those zippers that emphasize a large bust in the first place? And that obi belt on top of it looks terrible on someone who is short waisted.

Honored Contributor

Just wait until SG brings one in velvet and/or fake fur.  After all, you're building a wardrobe ladies!

Honored Contributor

Turned on PM Style for a bried moment and what did I see?  Obi Wan Kenobi AGAIN!

He he NOT left the building yet?  Obviously still spewing these things out. 

Respected Contributor

I was so glad to see this thread.  I watched the presentation and tried to figure out how this was a good deal and how I could wear it with everything like they say and how it would look good on anyone but a long waisted slender person.  On me it would feel like a girdle.  I don't see anyone wearing one in real life.  Of course I live in Florida and it would look great with my tee shirt, capris and flip flops.   I really don't know how they keep a straight face during some of the presentations.  I would just bust out laughing and they would have to carry me off stage.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  Ms G already started with the velvet.  She had a couple of shows sporting the velvet - you must have missed them.  SG had velvet pants on yesterday and said she wears even a cute sweatshirt with her's. 

I've never had a 'cute' sweatshirt to wear with anything except sweatpants or the like to walk my dog!  However he was sporting a velvet sweater - he did look very dapper!!!!!

HA HA HA - or maybe in this season it's HO HO HO!!!!!

Honored Contributor

It makes every outfit look equally awful.

A very consistent product.winking

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know why they keep sayingthis is new.I know I bought this belt 20 yrs ago from the Q. Maybe it wasn't leather but the same style.I'm gonna look for it.......lol