Honored Contributor

Re: Another obsession: Desert Fashion

Sometimes I wish there were fashions made like this (ie: the trench or safari) made our of pretty sand washed silk colors?
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Thank you, LovesToTeach!  Happy Cat:  Cat Happy

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

34b29109995c82044312d92f839b3b46.jpgf3-fashion-tusar-silk-embroidery-wedding-women_s-_white-_-desert-sun_-2.jpg

Honored Contributor

lovestoteach, I love the fashions you've shared.  

In case anybody cares, yesterday I ordered the safari-style jacket from QVC mentioned in an earlier post.  I had it in my cart for a while but didn't make the plunge until I happened to be tune into PM Style. Shawn was wearing it as well as Deanna right at the beginning.  I didn't want to chance it being sold out.  Well, I'm glad I listened to my intuition because it sold out in the color I ordered.  

Now I'll be ready to accompany Matthew McConaughey and the "gang" on a desert adventure (movie: Sahara)

Image result for sahara movie penelope cruz

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  YOU GO GIRL... please let me know when your featured role will be available to see in theaters!

Honored Contributor

Wouldn't that be fun!

Years ago I was given an adorable set of note pads with a Boynton phrase next to a starlet kitty, "I'm only doing this job to keep myself busy between films."

Here's a mug with that same saying:

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@LTT1

@GingerPeach

For those interested in a well made safari type jacket, this Pendleton one is available in two colors at Sierra Trading Post.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@LTT1

@GingerPeach

For those interested in a well made safari type jacket, this Pendleton one is available in two colors at Sierra Trading Post.

I kind of like this one, not sure which color I like best. Of couse the kacki is the more "natural" color for this type jacket, I like the red-ish one too. It looks like it might be heavy/stiff though. I don't, in general, like all the belted jackets as I find, for me, they tend to just get in the way and become bothersome. I do however, have a leather belted trench coat that I love, so it is never set in stone, lol.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

The Pendleton jacket is not belted- it's sewn in the waist.  Here is the back of it.

I like both colors too. Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Yes, lola, I saw there is no belt on this one, part of the reason I liked it. It was the ones with belts I was referring to that I don't care for, most of the time. Thanks for pointing that out, though.
"To each their own, in all things".