Respected Contributor

Re: Ankle Boots in Warm Weather?

I wouldn't wear them, especially with a chiffon dress. I can see how they could be worn by someone young and with a non traditional chiffon dress. If that's the case, yes, you could do it.

Honored Contributor

I can't say without seeing the boots but I wouldn't wear ankle boots with a chiffon dress to a July wedding.  I wouldn't do it even if the boots were peep toe "spring" boots.  I can't see it.

Respected Contributor

I live in Florida and many including myself wear boots all winter long and most of the time the coolest it is during the day is 60. Last year, I went to an outdoor country wedding and the brides maids had on lace short dresses with ankle boots and they looked adorable. 

Honored Contributor

I think if the boots are peep toe and a light blush or nude color it could work. I personally don't wear peep toe booties or suede with chiffon, but the rules are gone - so they say and we keep hearing. If you like the look, go for it and own it! 

Honored Contributor

@Arianny

I ordered these in November during a Black Friday sale, but they were backordered and still haven't shipped.

(I don't know if they will fit/be comfortable), but this is something that I might wear with the kind of dress you described.

Can you post a picture of the dress/boots so that we can see what they look like together?

Or a picture of you wearing both?