Honored Contributor

Amy Likes This Look- Do You?

One of the most common questions on Amy's Facebook page is about her pumps- the pink Jimmy Choo ones and the flame J. Crew D'Orsay ones.

She seems to buy one "pop" of color in a shoe, wears that shoe often (even if that color is not repeated in the outfit) and then picks a new color for the next season.

Do you like the look?

I think this is a fun "pop" shoe, although I don't own a lot of yellow.  It's too high for me for every day, but it could be a fancy/sitting shoe.

If I had to get dressed up for work often, I would probably do something like this, with many colors-

For those who don't like colors, I think this pattern is nice for spring/summer.

This is a higher sandal than what I would normally wear, but I like the pattern.

This is a shoe that could be my "pop" for every day in spring/summer.

Here is a lower shoe for a pop of animal print.

Have you found a "pop" shoe that would work for a few seasons?

Honored Contributor

Re: Amy Likes This Look- Do You?

I don't dress up the way I once did but for many, many years I always had a pair of bright red heels in my wardrobe.  I preferred patent leather.  I would wear them just about everything.  That was before the "pop of color" phrase came into style but the concept is the same.  For a while, I did the same with soft gold metallic heels.  I wore them with everything.  I must say that I always preferred neutrals, the shoes didn't clash with my clothes.  They added interest to my outfits and became a signature look for me. 

Honored Contributor

OH!  Those are all so cute!  I can't go over 2 1/2 " unless there's a platform.

My solid clothing is to allow me to wear the patterns.

These shoes are a cute way to get pattern in too if you're in a situation where the entire outfit can be seen.  Behind a desk or counter shoes usually aren't noticed.

Honored Contributor

I love the black multi colored shoe but could never wear most of these due to a bad tendon in my foot.  I can't even stand on tip toes.  Had to give up toe dancing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Pretty shoes, and Amy looks good wearing them.

I never was into heels, but I worked with an exec who insisted on an open front desk so all who entered her office could see her legs/shoes.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono

Amy wearing a few pair of shoes exclusively is conducive to a Millennial mentality.  I know many women who fall into this category who might purchase one great (maybe high end) handbag and that is the only bag they carry.  

Um, lola, not sure how old you are, but based on your shoe wardrobe, you are missing the gene!  😁 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  I like all of those except for the last one, which would probably be the only one I could walk in.

Love the first couple; the pink and the yellow.

Super Contributor

I love the first 5 pairs of shoes, but my extra wide flat feet cannot handle such shoes. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I like the red shoe and the animal print shoe. I would wear the red shoe with a red dress and animal print with black pants.

Super Contributor

I love Amy's shoes...not a fan of the ones with patterns.  Amy is the only person who looks like a little doll pregnant.  She is adorable!