Super Contributor

Re: All pregger discussions are deleted. Why?

On 4/1/2014 Claire W said: I thought this was about fashion choices not speculation about anyone's condition.

Since when were ""fashion choices during pregnancy"" threads deleted? You're not fooling anyone with your after the fact excusifying.

Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2014 Clover29 said:
On 4/1/2014 Claire W said: I thought this was about fashion choices not speculation about anyone's condition.

Since when were ""fashion choices during pregnancy"" threads deleted? You're not fooling anyone with your after the fact excusifying.

Excusifying ?

Super Contributor

And yet there is a poll on the forums page regarding a host's nursery, a 7 page photo spread about that host's expectancy in the Insider, and constant references to it on her shows. It seems like a double standard.
On 4/1/2014 MJ 12 said:

Why are these threads all deleted? Um, they're all classless?

These hosts are not your friends! You do not know them personally! None of your (or anyone's) business.

Contributor

Since when were "fashion choices during pregnancy" threads deleted? You're not fooling anyone with your after the fact excusifying.

Do note that "fashion" is in the question. Discussion on fashion choices for pregnant women have been quickly deleted. Given the discussion on "speculations" in this thread does indeed answer a general question, however. Got it.
Respected Contributor

On 4/1/2014 Nikalette said:And yet there is a poll on the forums page regarding a host's nursery, a 7 page photo spread about that host's expectancy in the Insider, and constant references to it on her shows. It seems like a double standard.
On 4/1/2014 MJ 12 said:

Why are these threads all deleted? Um, they're all classless?

These hosts are not your friends! You do not know them personally! None of your (or anyone's) business.

There is a difference between a host who has announced her pregnancy and shared her journey with the QVC customers and a host who has NOT announced any pregnancy.

There's a big difference as well in discussing fashion, vs what every thread I've read regarding any of the hosts pregnancy where they are literally attacked and bashed for wanting to have children and HORRORS continue to work. One person in particular has posted some horrible, vulgar, cruel responses in every thread I've read.

Super Contributor

On 4/1/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Since when were "fashion choices during pregnancy" threads deleted? You're not fooling anyone with your after the fact excusifying.

Excusifying ? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I like that word, LOL!

Honored Contributor

On 3/31/2014 PuppyBreath said:
On 3/31/2014 annabellethecat said:

What is wrong with just saying someone is pregnant? Oh! Wait! Is that now something we aren't supposed to say?

I'm 67 years old and I'm happy to say in my day we said someone was pregnant.

My pet peeve is for someone to say "We're pregnant". I don't know if a man has ever had a child come from his body.

Pregnant - The fertilization of an egg or embryo in a WOMAN's body. Good grief! It is a wonderful thing to be pregnant and have a baby. I don't understand why a woman (and I've 99% of the time) heard a woman (not a man) say "We're pregnant".

Phew! Now I've spoken my peace......

No, I think you have just missed all the points stated.

Not to sound catty but she generally comes out a subject from far left field

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/31/2014 annabellethecat said:

What is wrong with just saying someone is pregnant? Oh! Wait! Is that now something we aren't supposed to say?

I'm 67 years old and I'm happy to say in my day we said someone was pregnant.

True! That is, of course, except on 50's TV. Remember, Lucy was never "pregnant". She was "'specting" (to quote Ricky)! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Staying on topic, have we regressed to the 50's where the word was "censored" on TV?!

Honored Contributor

There is nothing wrong with saying somebody is pregnant - when they are pregnant.

The endless speculating and watching to see any bulge in the tummy, the way the are standing, holding cards in front of them is beyond ridiculous.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/2/2014 brii said:

There is nothing wrong with saying somebody is pregnant - when they are pregnant.

The endless speculating and watching to see any bulge in the tummy, the way the are standing, holding cards in front of them is beyond ridiculous.

Agreed!