Honored Contributor

Re: All pregger discussions are deleted. Why?

What is wrong with just saying someone is pregnant? Oh! Wait! Is that now something we aren't supposed to say?

I'm 67 years old and I'm happy to say in my day we said someone was pregnant.

My pet peeve is for someone to say ""We're pregnant"". I don't know if a man has ever had a child come from his body.

Pregnant - The fertilization of an egg or embryo in a WOMAN's body. Good grief! It is a wonderful thing to be pregnant and have a baby. I don't understand why a woman (and I've 99% of the time) heard a woman (not a man) say ""We're pregnant"".

Phew! Now I've spoken my peace......

Valued Contributor

Preggers? Really. Preggo (Spaghetti and Pizza sauce) I hate the use of both words.

Contributor

Pregger is less sensitive to key word search and to avoid the fate of the initial question. You are absolutely right, there is nothing wrong with using correct terminology and is correct of course.
Honored Contributor

Here's my take on all of the pregnant stuff. Who cares? I don't care if someone is pregnant (unless it is a family member).

I have a difficult enough time keeping track of MY family and MYSELF. I surely don't care about other people's issues (unless I am asked for help).

I think things here often get carried away. Someone might comment that they think so and so is wearing a top that is w-a-y too tight. They'll say it just looks terrible! I'm sorry, but I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't think they should mention names (that makes it personal).

This is a forum where people are supposed to be able to talk about fashion. A fashion statement would be that something is too tight on a model, etc. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Then along comes someone else who says, "You said (insert whatever name) is fat bla bla".

Then someone else says, "So and so is fat". Then "here we go".

Why make it personal? Go somewhere else if you (not you, but you know what I mean) wants to beat down someone.

Most of us here aren't interested in calling out people.

Again, I see nothing wrong with saying, "It looks terrible to see a woman wearing a shirt so tight you could see a mole under it". Don't call them out by name and don't get ugly about it.

There are people who are so unhappy in their lives they have no way to express it. So they come on places like this (where it is anonymous) and can expound on their own miserable lives.

Honored Contributor

On 3/31/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I'll go on record and say that I report them every time I see them.

It's horrifying to me when people speculate about someone else's pregnancy. What if that woman has been trying to get pregnant and has been unsuccessful? You've just put added pressure and pain on her. What if she cannot get pregnant? You've reminded her of something that may make her very unhappy. Or maybe she doesn't WANT to get pregnant and that's her choice and we have no say in that and shouldn't try to make her feel badly about not wanting to get pregnant. What if she is just carrying some extra weight? Now you've just insulted her. What if she's miscarried in the past and wants to wait a little longer than average to tell people? That's her business and not yours. The woman of QVC are not your friends, they are working women and we do not have the right to every piece of their personal lives.

If someone wants you to know she's pregnant, she will tell you. You do not get to determine her fate or make her announcement for her. Otherwise, and even then, really, it's none of our business and I am happy to continue to report those threads to remind you of that.

THIS!

Claire W..... Read this out loud to yourself. Hopefully you'll 'get it'.

Nothing fashionable about ignorance.

Respected Contributor

On 3/31/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I think that preggers is probably better than knocked up or baby bump. What I've found REALLY offensive is the host that is talking about her pregnancy in every other sentence. She's gone from annoying to truly obnoxious.

Before anyone jumps on me ..... think about this ...... if any male host kept moving the conversations back to themselves every other sentence, they'd make short work of him, FAST. Her comments are tedious and inappropriate .... and QVC should do someting about it.

And here is just one of the OTHER reasons the posts about pregnant hosts, or speculations of pregnancy, are and should be deleted. For some, it seems to have become a pass to bash and smash hosts. We even have one or two who have gotten offensively extreme in speculations regarding parenting skills and the reasons some have become pregnant.

Esteemed Contributor

Not worth mentioning.

Respected Contributor

Despise "preggers", "baby bump", "baby daddy", "baby mama" yuck

Super Contributor

So glad, hope they continue to delete them!

Super Contributor

So glad, hope they continue to delete them! Hope they kill this thread too.