Trusted Contributor

did anyone receive the September tsv from Alegria? Curious to know about fit or any other comments you care to make. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Alegria tsv

[ Edited ]

Do you own any Alegrias?  I'm possibly their biggest fan with well over a dozen pairs, although I have not ordered the TSV.  They are just heavenly comfortable.  I feel better all-over when I wear them.  Their built in arch is not as high and intrusive as that in Birkis or Vionic, neither of which I can wear.  They are so well made that I can imagine a pair lasting a lifetime.

People do seem to have some trouble with their sizing, although it hasn't been a problem for me.  I'd suggest carefully listening to the presenter's sizing advice.  I always order the size that corresponds to my shoe size and always have a perfect fit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Just checked and it will be available in wide widths.  Should make a lot of people very happy.  

It's  a MaryJane style with the strap on the diagonal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Alegria tsv

[ Edited ]

big Alegria fan here, but I also wear a few others with similar superb arch support and comfort.  (I have super-high arches, LOL)

A bonus: the small wedge/platform on all of their styles, since totally-flat shoes are not healthy for our feet, legs, and spine.

Euro sizing is a bit different, but I can tell you that Alegria is the closest to U.S. sizing as far as length goes.

i.e..:  

* I wear a U.S. size 9

* I wear an Alegria size 39 (9-9.5)

* I wear a European size 40 (9.5-10) in everything else, including Birkenstock

HTH, and I highly recommend them.  Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor
I have high arches and slender feet. Seriously, I can wear a narrow shoe in some styles. Are allegrias kinda wide to start with?
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I have never worn Alegria.  I have custom orthotics,but think the tsv might be ok with the insole that is already in the shoe.   I have a super high arch and wonder if the style will cut into the front of my foot. I hate to order and return.  Just too darn expensive.  Replies much appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Designer Show Warehouse (DSW) carries Allegria.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:
I have high arches and slender feet. Seriously, I can wear a narrow shoe in some styles. Are allegrias kinda wide to start with?

Nope; they're medium, and many styles are adjustable.  

Honored Contributor

@2zbeach wrote:

Thanks for the info.  I have never worn Alegria.  I have custom orthotics,but think the tsv might be ok with the insole that is already in the shoe.   I have a super high arch and wonder if the style will cut into the front of my foot. I hate to order and return.  Just too darn expensive.  Replies much appreciated.

Alegria's have a removable insole, so that you can insert your orthotics.

And they're available at various prices - and many places - online.

Respected Contributor

I too wonder about the sizing....I had to exchange the last tsv by following the presenters advice. The first pair was a bit too short, but the next size was a bit too big. I have not had this problem with the shoes I have tried in stores. I will pass on the Sept tsv just because of the inconsistent sizing .....too bad becauseI like the brand, but not going to risk paying return shipping if they don't fit. The reviews show that lots of people had the fit problem before. I will just buy locally and know what I am getting.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.