Esteemed Contributor

Re: 👖AM Style Chat August 26 2023👖

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama 

Just this minute got this email from JCrew ... a new arrival ...

Your shoes ...

Honored Contributor

wow @SoX 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@SoX @Love!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

wow @SoX 

@Bird mama ... yeah, very pricey ,,,   Maybe when they offer 50% off ... the reduced price.

Respected Contributor

Good morning Style sisters!

@Carolina925   When the weather is too hot, too cold, or raining, I exercise in the house. I push an end table back a little and have a power walking path inside - where the AC keeps it cool & low humidity. When I walk I pump my arms & sometimes hold a small can of veggies or tomato paste in each hand Lol. I always go up & down the stairs 5-6 times to make up for any outdoor inclines. I walk for 35 minutes & do several other exercises b4 I do a cool down at 50-55 minutes. I either listen to music while I exercise, or I turn the volume up on a movie to keep my mind off what I'm doing Lol.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Ladies:  I though I would chime in.  I have been reading AM Style Chat for awhile but never participated.

I saw several comments about fleece.  I do not like Sherpa at all which is passing as fleece.  Also not really fond of fleece but  I do like Susan Graver's Polar Fleece and have many of her polar fleece jackets and coats.   It is definitely a grade up concerning fleece and I look  forward to new polar fleece jackets from her every year.   Never had an issue with washing them as I wash everything before i wear it.

I love those plaid shoes.  Sure wish I could wear them, but my high heels days are over sorry to say.  Last couple years I purged all my heels and it was hard to do.  

Honored Contributor

You are always welcome to join the AM Style Chat @KathyM23   

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@SoX   All the Lincoln Lawyer books are interesting and well written.  Maybe you will like them since you don't have Nexflex.  I don't have it either.  I don't watch much TV and prefer to read.

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyM23 

I'm a great fan of Michael Connelly ...  have read Harry Bosch and watched the series, but somehow never got around to Mickey Haller, his half-brother.  

I've a ton of books waiting for me, but I think I'll add him to my ever-growing list.   

Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily , congratulations to keeping up with the exercises! My home is very small so that doesn't work for me but I do have an old XL Glider in the garage that I get on 45-60 minutes each day. I have an industrial fan blowing on me so it's not too bad but still not the workout I get when walking. Wish I had known in my 50s how hard it would be to keep in shape in my 70s and I would've given myself a headstart. Thanks for the suggestions and keep up the good work!