Respected Contributor

I just received an email for this Deim & Co. tunic cardigan.  I really like the muted colors but the ribbed hem bothers me.  What do you think?

Honored Contributor

@traveler

I don't mind it.

Are you "hippy" and that is a concern or do you just not like ribbing?

Esteemed Contributor

I think it is pretty! I like it better unbuttoned though...

Respected Contributor

I am definately apple shaped. The muted colors are the appeal to me since I'm not into brights at all.  I have a cardigan in chambray and have worn it out of shape.

Respected Contributor

I received that e-mail and I wasn't sure about the wide ribbing too. I think I felt it might cup under at the bottom rather than hanging straight. 

Honored Contributor

@traveler - from Land's End.

Women's Merino V-neck Cardigan Sweater

Item #468291A82

MADE TO MOVE WITH YOU

Our mission at Lands’ End is to bring you the very best, which is why we’re delivering quality merino wool to you in the shape of the signature cardigan you love. Soft, gentle and flexible, this natural fiber sweater is special for so many reasons. Insulating properties keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Celebrate the seasons in a cardigan that celebrates you.

FEATURES

• 100% soft, luxurious merino wool
  • Natural resistance in the fiber quality keeps its shape
  • Feminine v-neckline 
  • Falls past the hip
  • Dry clean or hand wash
  • Imported
Esteemed Contributor

Actually, the wide ribbed trim appeals to me, but that is not the body part that causes me issues. I think it is a cute sweater, buttoned up or open.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@traveler

I kind of like that wide ribbed trim.  If you're not self-conscious about your hips (mine are one of the few things I am not self-conscious about) then this is a very fun look.  Nice spring colors too.

Honored Contributor

I saw the email too.  I don't like the ribbing.  I have a similar sweater from d&c from years ago.  It's hanging in the closet, never wore it.  I should have sent it back.  I found it clingy where the ribbing was.

Honored Contributor

It is hugging and cupping under the hips of the skinny model wearing it so buttoning it would not be an option for my wide hips. I tend to wear my cardigans open, but at this point in time I do not need any more long sleeve cardigans.