Honored Contributor

Re: A13112 Bob Mackie's Wide Leg Petite Length Knit Pants YAY!🎉

@LTT1 wrote:

Although the Mackie tops are usually not proportioned for a petite, I think the pattern placements minimize tummies, etc.

@LTT1,

He such a great artist! I love his "wearable art". I would love to just put some of his clothing into picture frames and hang them, they are so nice.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@walkingal@ALRATIBA@traveler@SilleeMee@Kachina624

I have been concentrating my fashion efforts on buying pants.

For me, I have found that pants that are full and hang like a long skirt, work. I agree there are times when I see pants on models that look like two stove pipes!

I suppose Bob Mackie chose this particular fabric so that when one wears them you can't tell that they are pants. They flow!

I'm a 1X, and I don't think my legs look like stove pipes in them!  lol! I think you have to wear the right top and shoes for proportion. 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@walkingal@ALRATIBA@traveler@SilleeMee@Kachina624

I have been concentrating my fashion efforts on buying pants.

For me, I have found that pants that are full and hang like a long skirt, work. I agree there are times when I see pants on models that look like two stove pip

I suppose Bob Mackie chose this particular fabric so that when one wears them you can't tell that they are pants. They flow!

You're right about fabric content.  It has to be soft/limp fabric.   I even found some 100% linen pants at Chico's and at JCP ... wide leg, very soft and "flowy."

Honored Contributor

@walkingal

This is SO TRUE! ITA!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I love Bob Mackie's wide leg pants. I will say I am 5'7" and I buy the petite. I can't wear heals so this works for me. I also wear an x-large and I don't have stove-pipe legs, infact my legs are quite slender. 

Honored Contributor

@Leeny
YAY!🎉
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@LTT1,

Bob's fabrics are devine. He sure knows how to pick the right kind to make it work on any figure.Woman Happy

The exception is some of his fleece.  Fleece should be very soft, cozy and lush.  I've got two of his robes that are so heavy and scratchy I can hardly stand to wear them even on the coldest winter evenings.

On the other hsnd, I've got several fleece shirts that are so thin and cheap looking that I can see through them.  Won't buy more fleece items.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I am one of those plus size ladies. I do wear these pants and get compliments but I am very careful to size down 2 sizes (to a large) and I am careful with the proportion of my top and shoes. It is really all about proportion.