Honored Contributor

A word about Susan Graver's fleece coats

I have owned other companies fleece and it simply can not compare.I used to work from 7AM to 7:30 PM and I had to park off site and ride a shuttle bus to the hospital.This meant a certain amount of time standing out in the cold waiting for the shuttle bus each morning and evening. Plus at the hours I was commuting  (before 7AM & after 7:30 PM ) it was pretty darn cold and already dark in the early spring and late fall in those hours. I bought a SG fleece jacket to try it for those times and it was fabulous. Toasty warm. I would be unbuttoning it on the bus because it was too warm! It was so warm that I actually wore it from fall and right into winter until it got to the point of needing my Michelan man parka. I lived in Pittsburgh at the time and it gets very cold there, plus the hospital where I worked was on a mountaintop. Even though her jackets are not lined they really , truely are very very warm.Highly recommend them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A word about Susan Graver's fleece coats

I agree with you.  I've had a few and they are great.  Plus they launder nicely.

Contributor

I totally agree.  I love her fleece coats and own about 4 of them.  The price point was always reasonable in the past.  Do not know what autumn will bring this year as most of the clothing prices have sky rocketed.  I do love love love her coats.

Super Contributor

I agree. They are soft, comfy, and fit well. I would like her to offer more all solid  colors like just dark brown, or black, grey, or navy. I  buy Lands End and SG fleece coats and would like to see matching hats since mine from SG have no hoods and winters are windy and rainy here.

Esteemed Contributor

I love them.  I own 3 of the reversible ones.  I can wear them all winter here in WI.

Respected Contributor

I agree. I only have one reversible fleece (lavendar / purple) but I love it! Best quality fleece I have ever had. If she sells them this year I may buy a 2nd one in another color if price does not skyrocket. I found it to be very warm , of course I usually wear sweaters. I recieved many compliments even from strangers.

Respected Contributor

I totally agree!  I have owned two of SG's fleece coats and I own a Bob Mackie fleece coat and they truly are "coats" that keep you warm.  They are also substantial, they aren't like those fleece hoodies you see.  It's a totally different type of fleece.  Not like anything you see outside of QVC.  I live in MA and I wear them in early winter and late winter/early spring when the temps are 40's and 50's.  They do keep me nice and warm. 

Honored Contributor

I agree. I purchased one for my mom atwo years ago, and it still looks really good and she loves it, says it is super warm!!!!!!It is a really pretty green color, but a light green......

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I totally agree!  I have owned two of SG's fleece coats and I own a Bob Mackie fleece coat and they truly are "coats" that keep you warm.  They are also substantial, they aren't like those fleece hoodies you see.  It's a totally different type of fleece.  Not like anything you see outside of QVC.  I live in MA and I wear them in early winter and late winter/early spring when the temps are 40's and 50's.  They do keep me nice and warm. 

I used to have the Bob Mackie fleece jacket that was dark green and had leaves down the front and one sleeve. It was warm and cozy as well as beautiful. When we moved to Florida I gave away a lot of winter clothes and everyone wanted that coat. I had to put every one's name in a hat and draw one for that coat.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the suggestions ladies.  I never needed the fleece in LA but here in southern Oregon, I do need some so I'll try it.  Now is this the one that is reversible?  One question, do they pill after several washings?  Some fleece I've bought, even the expensive names, seem to pill or the pile grows "together" Woman Frustrated so I'm wondering about this brand too! 

Oh how bad you guys enable!  Since you recommended Bob Mackie's stuff, I just saw the animal pring fleece and I bought the teal and the red, how pretty the colors are and they will see me coming and going!