Honored Contributor

A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 7/23

Good Morning!

Nothing exciting to report, IMO fashion wise.  It looks like the newest euphemistic term to get rid of items is "Summer Surprise", like for a leather G.I.L.I. jacket.Cat Tongue

What is everyone up to?

Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 7/23

Good morning AM Stylers, hope all are well. I haven't been keeping up with much stylewise this week, been busy around the house with shampooing carpet and hanging in the pool. Brutally hot all week with more of the same to come.

How is summer school going, @lolakimono? I also read somewhere you are having car drama? Is that all better now?

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Going to become one with the pool, it is going to be another hot and humid day here in the Lower Hudson Valley of NY

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

It is a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong story-Cat Frustrated @LTT1 could verify this, but she is at the wedding this weekend.

The simple version is this.  On Tuesday, I was driving to school.  I had just turned 90K, check engine light came on, and the "better" of two outcomes was a blown head gasket ($1,800) or rebuilding the engine ($4,000- which may have more miles than my car).Cat Mad

Sooooooooooo, after much drama (and running around), I ended up at the dealer on Wed. to test drive and yesterday p.m. I drove home with a brand new car.  I need to mentally prepare myself for a car payment, which I haven't had since 2008.  Cat Sad

Honored Contributor

The C. Wonder print on the dress looks like a tablecloth, IMO.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono@Snicks1

"The best surprise is no surprise"

We are here and almost awake.  If there is a QVC channel out in these here boondocks, I don't know which one yet.

Rehearsal dinner was last night. Wonderful food. YUM

It is very hot/humid here too. We were treated to an hour of waiting on the tarmac yesterday with little to no a/c.

We used Google maps successfully! YAY!🎉 (I have been "studying.")  However, were out in "no man's land" for a few miles with no access!

(Frightful, just frightful LOL)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Good morning everyone.  I sat glued to the Convention this past week.  

The only thing I bought was the ED wreath.  Has not arrived yet.  I like a lot of Ellen's things, but have only bought a few.  I have so much "stuff" that I could sell mine on QVC for a few months.

Honored Contributor

I liked it and ordered the Navy Bawahha

@lolakimono wrote:

The C. Wonder print on the dress looks like a tablecloth, IMO.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

That sweater dress is making me hot.

Honored Contributor

Good Saturday Morning GIrls!  Hope everyone is doing well this morning and had a good week.

This morning's AM lineup looks like a big repeat of what's been on through the week, I agree Ms Lola a big summer clearance sale, nothing I want.  It's sad to be seeing at least in the fashion world, summer slipping by.  I do like the change of seasons in clothing because it means I can get my boots out, sweaters, cozy items but when they sell these things in July & August, by December when I really need to be wearing them, I'm tired of them already with a good 3 months ahead when I need them the most.

So what's up for today?  We have a family reunion to go to later today, DH's side.  It's mostly his cousins because the parents & grandparents of the group are all gone.  They used to do the reunion at the G-parents' home for G-Mama's birthday, used to be great fun until she passed, we legally bought her home and her one son (executor) said very mean things to me about "taking over" and "walking away with the house and all of the antiques".  He tore the family apart and didn't care.  It was ugly.

Anyway, 30+ yrs later, the cousins are all still together, get along great.  I'm making a great cole slaw salad, we'll of course grill out, hosting cousin lives in the country, big place, nice home, great wrap-around deck. It's always nice to see & party with this group - very fun!

I cannot believe yet another shooting, this time in Germany.  God rest the lost souls.  It seems that these shootings are here to stay.  How so very sad that this is the world we must do our best to live in.