Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 3/14

good morning

nice to put on boring Q 

after yesterday, wink wink nudge, nudge

moving on

nothing else 

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono That is insane! I started having my electric updated (had another 110 brought in) and am thinking about replacing the wiring inside. 

The electrician is a friend of one of my tecs, his fiance works in one of the other labs- He told me other than the thermostats and smoke/CO2 detectors to leave it alone. 

Voila...That's what I"m doing.  This house was built in '61.  Right now it needs a new deck (contractor coming at 8:30 today to quote) and a kitchen update (minimal)- Outside that...I'm just gonna need to be happy with what I've got!

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear 

GM

I sent you a message. Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

Good Morning @jackthebear 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Just a few highlights of the week-

This week was the 10 year anniversary of my father's passing.

I have been staying late for a lot of meetings to help get Diversity Week off the ground.  This has been going on since October. It was supposed to be next week, Monday-Friday.  Of course, it has been "postponed."  We don't know if when the ban is lifted, we will have the week of events or not.

I wrote a grant in September for $400, to cover the cost of our posters and T-shirts for a languages day competition on March 27.  I have been meeting with the kids twice a week to design their custom T-shirts, come up with a team name, design the poster, etc.  The $175 for 7 T-shirts will come from the grant, but I have to write a report.  The T-shirts should arrive at my house on Monday, and then I get reimbursed when I fill out paperwork.  The event has been canceled, so now I have custom, non-returnable tees.  The kids won't be in the same level of language next year, so they won't be eligible for the competition.

I booked a birthday trip for me and my mom next week, and it had to be next week because the week of my actual birthday we have the SAT, two days of my quarterly exams, and the field trip for the competition.  All of that is off.

On Thursday we had a STABBING, and we had to go on lockdown.  We ended up on lockdown for basically the entire last block of the day.

On Thursday evening they announced the two week closure, and then we had to go to school on Friday, teach all day, get all of our personal stuff out of the rooms and get the bum rush.  I had to package up the 500 bracelets that we were supposed to be selling during week two of our fundraiser, with the bulk of it being sold at Diversity Week events.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono You need to REALLY REALLY enjoy your vacation!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

They've closed schools here until April 5th (I think).  I don't know what my nieces are gonna do with their kids.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Good Morning Style Sisters!

I previewed the fashions, but I don't see anything here. However, I have been finding a TON of things that I like elsewhere.  I am in a fashion feast, LOL, but most of it is in the form of accessories and jewelry.

We are now closed for two weeks due to Corona, but I am scheduled to fly out for my "vacation" on Wednesday, so we'll see how that goes.

What is new with you?

just waiting for golf season,  it's really social distancing on the golf course 

Honored Contributor

saw the cutest pants at Marshalls this weeks on the rack but not my size 

juniors wide leg leopard pants $13 not at either marshalls   

😡