Respected Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat- 4/30, 7:00

[ Edited ]

A late good morning, ladies.  I just got on-line, and haven't had a chance to read all the posts.

The weather is cool today.  I need to do some grocery shopping, and then I plan to bake cookies (peanut butter and gingersnaps).  

Gosh, I was looking in my closet, and I have way too many purses (some I've never worn).  I might try to list some of them for sale on eBay (I don't really like selling on eBay anymore).

I can't buy any more clothes either, until I go through my closet and drawers and wear what I have or donate some clothes.  My big problem is that I don't work anymore, and I don't go out to functions where I need to dress up.  So I wear casual clothes at home, and for grocery shopping, etc.  I don't wear blazers either, which I wore all the time when I was working.  I think I have enough clothes to start my own consignment shop, ha!  That includes way too many winter coats!

I did buy some clearance and "as is" LOGO tops and some bottoms, because they are easy to wear when I'm at home.  I also watch the lunchtime specials.  However, I have enough of those now also.  I don't like all the LOGO items, but some of them work really well for me.  

I went to a cat show last weekend and got to see a number of different cat breeds and watched the show competitons.  I just wanted to get my fill of cats, since I no longer have my cat. 

I understand she is doing really well in her new home and getting along great with the other cat.  She needed a companion, and this was the best solution for both of us.  

I'll be checking the Humane Society and other places for cats.  At first, I thought about a kitten, but I think a 2-year-old cat might be best for me.  I do have one in mind that belongs to a woman who works long hours and travels a lot.  I may be able to see her this coming week.  Wish me luck!

Honored Contributor

I am not usually watching q at this time but I must say I am just loving Leah.What a beautiful woman and great to listen to. The 

Trusted Contributor

@dex  Leah is my favorite host.  AM Style is the only Q show I make it a point to watch.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the great chat.  I'm going to "gimp" on out, try and accomplish something.  I'm still housebound due to the trip on the curb. Knee not as bad, now it's the calf of the leg.  More pool exercises today. 

See y'all around the boards.  

Honored Contributor

@Lyn08@capatosta

Hi and to anybody I missed! Good morning!

@luv-the-Q what a precious puppy you have!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Good Morning @Lyn08 and @dex

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Dawnie

Did you go to the doctor to have the injuries checked out?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Just a heads up for all the single ladies who live alone and don't talk to someone EVERY day. There's a thread in Among Friends started by KarnerBlue and it offered some great ideas.

One was a website iamfine.com. I got their service on a trial. Every day at the same time, my phone rings, and an automated voice tells me to press 1. No talking to any humans. If I don't answer, they try four times 15 minutes apart. Still no answer? They call my two contacts.

Now I won't have to worry about dying and nobody knowing about it for a week. Not that I worry about myself in that circumstance, but I do worry about my puppy!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor

I do like this dress in the black, black abstract and the navy dot.

Respected Contributor

Have a good week everyone.  Always enjoy my time with you Sat. A.M.  God bless.