Super Contributor

$61.50 for Graver sweater??

[ Edited ]

Seriously? 

It's a cotton blend sweater.

A269295.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: $61.50 for Graver sweater??

I paid $50 for her boatneck sweater with the 3 gold buttons on each sleeve, even though I thought that was a little high. I REALLY liked it though....

I would buy more clothes from her but I am retired and just don't want to spend what she is charging for some of her pieces.......

Honored Contributor

If its something you love and will wear it a lot I don't think $61.50 is a lot at all for a sweater.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Try shopping sales on line at Belks, Macy's, Dillards, or Nordstroms. Better prices and better quality.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Graver's prices are so out of control.  I haven't bought anything from her line in so many years.

The prices are crazy high for pieces, similar,  that one can find at Kohls and at Macy's (Style and Co.) line.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

The reviewers seem to like this sweater. I'm a little surprised Q is still showing it at the original price since it's a long sleeved sweater. It would be deeply discounted at any of the b&m stores. It's a "nice" sweater, but nothing special for the price they're asking.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to buy a nubmer of items by Susan Graver - not anymore.  Unless there are nice shirts that I want, if they're not dramatically marked down like 'as is' or last clicks or as lunchtime specials then I just don't buy. 

I will not spend anymore than $30 for anything by SG - just not worth it.

Honored Contributor

@StillFuntoShop wrote:

Seriously? 

It's a cotton blend sweater.

A269295.

If that's the price you see on QVC, then yes, QVC is serious.

Esteemed Contributor

"Whatever the traffic will bear." The Q sets the prices; Susan sells well and is popular. So, the Q will just forget about the V in QVC, and get every penny they can out of her collection.

I agree with @MaggieMack, winter wear is all on sale in B&M, while the Q sails along with an occasional l0% off. Susan is $l0-$20 above retail for her poly tops all the time now. And all that embellishment, way too much, as it is all so heavy and pulls down. Susan used to have competitive prices a few years ago. But, that ship has sailed.

Honored Contributor

I don't think that's too much as long as it's something that fits and I like it.

Yersterday I went shopping at my nearby Steinmart -  except for really ugly items on the sales rack, there wasn't a top for less than 49.95 and most of those I wouldn't want to buy at half that -  the fabrics, even the poly, were not as nice as Susan's.

Then as I waited in a long line to pay for the pillow I found (no clothes at all), the woman in front of me offered her disgust about a MKors top she'd bought which stretched totally out of shape after a few washings.  I've also had that experience with his line.  Haven't bought any for a few years, but they were all $50 at Steinmart and they are more than that at Nordstrom.

Susan may be more to begin with - but on a cost per wearing, her line is the best value I have in my closet. Seriously.