Esteemed Contributor

We have to change our perspective that the hoodie is just an item we toss on for walking the dog, to throw on over a sweaty body after working out, running out for early morning coffee etc. where how you look isn't such a concern.  Department stores have extended their casual apparel departments to now include huge sections dedicated to exercise clothes and athleisure wear because it's so popular-- even among people who don't exercise.  Hoodies area a key fashion item in the category and for that reason the price points are all over the place.  Manufacturers and retailers know that they can get away with charging well over $100 for fleece.  For those who want hoodies for under $50 they do exist.  There are some options for you if you are only willing to spend a certain amount for a hoodie.  You can buy those brands which are lower priced everyday; wait for some of those more chic pricey pieces to go on sale at stores such as Lucy, Athleta, and Lululemon; department stores always have a sale rack tucked into a corner somewehere; and as the category grows definitely more items will trickle onto the racks of discounters such as The Rack, Marshall, Burlington, TJ Maxx, etc.; utilize the power of the search engine and seek out discounts and sales on specific items and brands online.  

FYI: A few months ago at TJ Maxx I found two Athleta jackets for priced at $45.  Each one had an Athleta manufacturer's hangtag with a price of $118.  My mediocre math skills figure that to be more than half off what the jackets would have cost if purchased at Athleta.  

Honored Contributor

I do like hoodies. i have found many and fun ones too at Good Will and Sally Anns for around $4.00 new and with tags. Dh and I were talking about things that lose their value quickly (like cars) and we think clothing and books are two of them.

BTW: I do not care for those car insurance commercials. I know nothing about cars but have known forever that a car does lose value quickly no matter if you haven't had the first oil change and are "T-Boned".

Super Contributor

Whether the price for this hoodie is "expensive" is relative.     A hoodie for 59.00 to one person is exhorbitant and to another is what they would pay for it elsewhere. 

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@luv-the-Q wrote:

Well, it does have a ruffle and it's soft enough to sleep in.  

Since you didn't post the item number, and since I"m not reading your post while the item is on the air, I hvae no idea what you are talking about!

I was wondering that, too. What item is being discussed?

Esteemed Contributor

I think she was referring to A268610, which was $59 yesterday, $65 today.

image.jpg

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

You'll find it for a lot more at Nordstrom....

Respected Contributor

you may not know what fabric ot knit it is made from. 

Esteemed Contributor

that price isn't out of line IMO, I've seen that price and higher on similar things.  It all depends on whether you want it and if you are willing to pay it.

Regular Contributor

But you can dress it "up" or "down" .... multipurpose !    ;-)

Honored Contributor

It's poly/rayon/spandex blend.

I personally wouldn't pay that for it because it's just a blah hoodie and I don't want a hoodie in that blend of fabrics.  It's from the Cheryl Burke Collection and her stuff looks more like workout wear to me than athleisure wear that I'd throw on to run around in.