Honored Contributor

Re: 3/4 SLEEVES OR LONG SLEEVES

I don't mind 3/4 knitted but hate one with a cuff. Just donated all my 3/4 sleeve blouses. They get pushed up under jackets and are too short to reach and pull back down. I vote for long sleeves that can be rolled up or cuffed or just as they are.

Honored Contributor

Long sleeves, never 3/4 length for me. I do like elbow length also in warmer weather. 

Honored Contributor

I'm tall, have long arms and long legs. I prefer 3/4 sleeves and capris ever since they were invented. Long sleeves look like 3/4 sleeves on me anyway so why not just start with that length?? 

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

Long for me.  I will never purchase 3/4 because they look like I outgrew the top.  If I want a shorter sleeve, I just push up the sleeve.  I make sure the material of the long sleeve is such that when I push it up, it stays up.

Honored Contributor

I prefer long sleeves, in all seasons.  

They are more versatile, and can obviously be worn either long or pushed up.

Depending on fabric, wearing them long in winter provides extra warmth, and in sunnier times, provides some sun protection without the bother of sunscreen.

And, as many have said, you can hold onto the wrist opening when putting a jacket on so the sleeve doesn't bunch up under the jacket.

I do own both, however, but long is my preference.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I don't have a preference. The only sleeve length that I'm fussy about is elbow length. Sometimes they look sort of matronly.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

i prefer 3/4 and elbow sleeves.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Depends on the season.  I wear 3/4-sleeves in spring and fall.  Long sleeves in winter.  Short sleeves in summer.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

3/4 sleeve length for me.  I always have to roll long sleeve up at least twice and if I push them up, they slide down.  When I wash my hands the bottom of the sleeves get wet.

3/4 sleeves fit me better and look better on me.  I wear them year around.

Now, if I am wearing a sweater, I prefer long sleeves.

Respected Contributor

I wear both, but I especially like 3/4 sleeves when I'm at home cleaning or lounging around during fall & winter.