Honored Contributor

Re: $17.49 to return Vionic TSV

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@apple blossom wrote:

Choose Zappos no shipping charges both ways.

I am convinced Zappos shipping charges are built into the price of their shoes.  99% of the time I can find shoes cheaper than Zappos even if I have to pay the s/h.  

@Lipstickdiva

Perhaps, but unless that cheaper price also have easy, no hassle returns, it may not be worth it.

For example, yesterday I was looking at shoes on Zappos and looked elsewhere.  They were cheaper at Nordstrom and Nordstrom has free/easy returns, so I ordered from Nordstrom.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I had this same thing happen to return a pair of boots to HSN and now will not buy any shoes that don't have free shipping both ways.  Enough already.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@apple blossom wrote:

Choose Zappos no shipping charges both ways.

I am convinced Zappos shipping charges are built into the price of their shoes.  99% of the time I can find shoes cheaper than Zappos even if I have to pay the s/h.  

of course they do......anyone that has "free shipping" has it built into the price.

i always look at the total price.....with taxes and shipping included.

yes, sometimes you CAN get a better deal on qvc on shoes.

i do purchase on qvc, but i dont return a lot. i think i had maybe 6 total returns last year.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I bet she ordered them on easy pay. I once needed to return a pair of Skechers for a different size. If I would of returned them it would of cost me more money because I had got them on 6 easy pays. It all worked out and they sent me a new pair and then I shipped the old ones back.

Honored Contributor

@Kismetcally,  Obviously, you did not use the QVC label which is normally $6.95.  Also check to see if the Q did not charge you for initial shipping in error.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't it make you wonder when someone posts this info but gives you no background. It makes me think this is just a way to get people stirred up. This person still has not given a full explanation of why the return charge was so high. I guess we will just have to wonder.  We don't know these people and don't know what is in their mind.

Honored Contributor

Also they deduct from your refund the cost of shipping it to you which could have been $5.00 or perhaps more?

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Also they deduct from your refund the cost of shipping it to you which could have been $5.00 or perhaps more?

Nope, the OP said the original S&H was free.  Since the OP hasn't bothered to return with an explanation, I will continue to think it's not true.

Esteemed Contributor

I received the Vionics TSV sandals yesterday and just now opened the package. The enclosed return shipping label states $6.95 Q return fee to be deducted from the refund.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

That seems odd, because Vionics ship free and the return label shipping is usually 6.95 unless you chose to get expedited shipping or something. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval