Valued Contributor

trouble reconnecting to kindle

We just moved and back to Verizon online okay. I cannot reconnect my kindle. What is the network password? It isn't the router password. Help please.

Honored Contributor

Re: trouble reconnecting to kindle

The network password is the password you use to get online. The router password is usually the password you use to access your router to change settings.

Who set up your internet for you? That person should have given you some documentation with your information. If you did not receive any of that, contact the person who set it up and ask. I know that Comcast stamps the default password on the modem. If it was a service provider, then the person may need to come out and reset the password.

If you were given some crazy impossible to remember password, contact Verizon and ask them how you can change it to something more reasonable. I did that for my parents when I visited them last Christmas and changed it from a 16 character jumble of letters and numbers to something they can remember and enter easily.

Super Contributor

You have to get on the internet with your Kindle using YOUR internet connection. 

When you go to "settings" on the Kindle and then go to" internet connection or wifi connection", the Kindle should automatically connect you to the same network you were always using.  You do not have to enter your password each time you connect the Kindle to the internet.

HTH

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chi5925 wrote:

You have to get on the internet with your Kindle using YOUR internet connection. 

When you go to "settings" on the Kindle and then go to" internet connection or wifi connection", the Kindle should automatically connect you to the same network you were always using.  You do not have to enter your password each time you connect the Kindle to the internet.

HTH

She says she moved and had internet hooked up in the new place. If a professional tech and not a family member set up the internet, odds are good that it has a new password and that's why she can't connect. A new password is established whenever you create a new network and unless the person used the same old network name and password, it won't work now.

The tech who set me up when I moved asked me to choose my own network name and password and I did reuse my old ones and everything connected automatically, but some don't ask.

Honored Contributor

I know that each time I add a new device like a pad, a computer, a printer to my system, I have to add it using my WiFi password.  I have it copied in about 5 places because my WiFi provider is not helpful in giving it out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I know that each time I add a new device like a pad, a computer, a printer to my system, I have to add it using my WiFi password.  I have it copied in about 5 places because my WiFi provider is not helpful in giving it out.

They don't necessarily keep that on file, but I think it depends on the provider. If you forget it, you may even need to have your ISP send someone out to reset your network for you.

Always keep track of passwords, especially network passwords.

I've lost track of the times I've had to help my dad reset his Apple password. He doesn't buy apps or music and rarely downloads updates, so every Christmas I help him update his reset his password and update his phone. Now my mom, who does write everything down, keeps all his passwords for him.

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

They don't necessarily keep that on file, but I think it depends on the provider. If you forget it, you may even need to have your ISP send someone out to reset your network for you.

Always keep track of passwords, especially network passwords.

I've lost track of the times I've had to help my dad reset his Apple password. He doesn't buy apps or music and rarely downloads updates, so every Christmas I help him update his reset his password and update his phone. Now my mom, who does write everything down, keeps all his passwords for him.

Why does he has to reset his password?  Is it because he can't remember it so you need to create a new one?  I ask because I never need to reset mine. 

Respected Contributor

@frenchie wrote:

We just moved and back to Verizon online okay. I cannot reconnect my kindle. What is the network password? It isn't the router password. Help please.

Check your router.  Most newer models have the default name and password located on the router itself. 

Valued Contributor

We tried the numbers on the router, that doesn't work. Neither does the password to connect to the net. I have a kindle password and that doesn't work either. Actually, we were set up by Verizon and now that we moved in, the tv just says "no signal". The computer is the only thing that works. What are we doing wrong?

Respected Contributor

You need to call Verizon, have them come back out and fix it.