Occasional Contributor

I will start by saying I am electronically challenged.  Once I get the *** thing working I have no problem at all and never bother anyone about it.  Butttt getting there where everything is working is a nightmare for me.  I have had this phone for 2 weeks and all I have done is charge it.   On the last LG Tracfone I purchased I did it by myself incorrectly and it took 3 hours on the phone to fix.  Hard to believe huh?   Believe it.   

This time I called first to ask for all the info I would need to transfer old to new and then reactivate old to have both working....got that info fine.   Now I have called back twice to Tracfone.  I am in Hawaii so first time not more than 45 minutes to closing and service person could not understand why I couldnt just go to website and do myself.  I knew I did not have the right person to help me and said I would call me which he was very happy about.  Second time pretty much the same thing.   If I cant find someone to willing help me I dont want to do it with them questioning my ability.  I need to transfer number to new phone, transfer all the contacts, get no.blocking, get google store, reactivate old phone and purchase minutes for it and have both phone on same account.   I just cant do all that myself with botching it.  

Anyone have any suggestions?  I really would like to keep this phone but cant if I cant get it set up.   Help!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: trouble activating lg phone

I think you're trying to do too much in one transaction.  You have my head spinning.  I didn't even know you could have 2 phones on one account.  Good luck.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't know if this helps cause I was almost in tears trying to get mine set up. I went to the Verizon store cause thats where my phone gets its service. Where is yours?

They were a huge help.

Then my daughters helped with a lot, I also "googled" questions and also figured some out myself.

I didn't do it all at once either because it is totally overwhelming!

It sure would help if you can get someone to help you so you don't drive yourself crazy!

Good lucj! I feel for you!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I am pretty certain that it is not possible to have more than one phone on the same account. This could be your problem.

Trusted Contributor

It is possible to have two phones on one account, but it is not possible to have two phones with the same number (each would have to have its own).

Setting up Tracfone via their website is much easier and a lot faster than doing it over the phone.

As far as transferring contacts, etc., you probably are on your own there.

Bear in mind, Tracfone wil not provide service like Verizon or other standard providers.  There is a reason their prices are low, and if you are someoe who is not comfortable doing things on your own, you are better off with a full-service provider.

Honored Contributor

@Curious627 wrote:

I will start by saying I am electronically challenged.  Once I get the *** thing working I have no problem at all and never bother anyone about it.  Butttt getting there where everything is working is a nightmare for me.

I have had this phone for 2 weeks and all I have done is charge it.   On the last LG Tracfone I purchased I did it by myself incorrectly and it took 3 hours on the phone to fix.  Hard to believe huh?   Believe it.   

This time I called first to ask for all the info I would need to transfer old to new and then reactivate old to have both working....got that info fine.

Now I have called back twice to Tracfone.  I am in Hawaii so first time not more than 45 minutes to closing and service person could not understand why I couldnt just go to website and do myself.  I knew I did not have the right person to help me and said I would call me which he was very happy about.  Second time pretty much the same thing.   If I cant find someone to willing help me I dont want to do it with them questioning my ability.

I need to transfer number to new phone, transfer all the contacts, get no.blocking, get google store, reactivate old phone and purchase minutes for it and have both phone on same account.   I just cant do all that myself with botching it.  

Anyone have any suggestions?  I really would like to keep this phone but cant if I cant get it set up.   Help!!!

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

You want 2 Tracfones with the same number? Good luck, but I don't know why anyone would go with Tracfone and  2 phones with the same number?

And you think you are confused? I am confused why you are confused, I think you know exactly why!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Occasional Contributor

I dont want 2 phones with same no. silly boy.  Going to get new no. for old phone so I have 2 phones.  one for home and one for mobile.  That.'s why old phone needs to be reactivated.  I said I was electronically challenged to set things up...not confused.  I know what is possible just not how to get there. I am, allowed to have to phones on one account as long as different numbers.  But thanks for your offered help

Occasional Contributor

thank you,  I will try Verizon store.  That was helpful 

Occasional Contributor

F.Y.I.  2 phone ok as long as 2 different number according to Tracfone