Honored Contributor

I just can't get it to work properly. It always gives me an error message. I finally deleted it from the phone and started going to their webpage to check my balance.Why waste precious storage space for something that doesn't work.My DH never even loaded the widget, he has always used to website.

Honored Contributor

Re: tracfone my account widget

Mine works just fine. Have never had a problem with it. Wonder if you can delete it and download the app again?

hnj

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Mine works fine too..I find it very handy...

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I just can't get it to work properly. It always gives me an error message. I finally deleted it from the phone and started going to their webpage to check my balance.Why waste precious storage space for something that doesn't work.My DH never even loaded the widget, he has always used to website.

I cannot get it to work on the Sunset. It does work on the LG Treasure DH is using. I have not set up the Treasure yet.

Put  *777*1#  in your contacts as Tracfone. Click on it & it brings up your mins, text & data info. Hope this will work for you. It's easier then going to their website.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz  Thank  you for the info on the "777#1."  I will try that later in the day to hopefully get the number of minutes I have left.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

I cannot get it to work on the Sunset. It does work on the LG Treasure DH is using. I have not set up the Treasure yet.

Put  *777*1#  in your contacts as Tracfone. Click on it & it brings up your mins, text & data info. Hope this will work for you. It's easier then going to their website.

@Nightowlz  This worked for me.  Very cool!  Thanks for sharing!

Edit:  This worked on my Sunset, but not on my Ultimate 2.  The Sunset uses AT&T, the Ultimate 2 uses Verizon.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

It did not work on my LG power. Thanks for the info though.

Respected Contributor

I never used the Tracfone widget. And I don't install or update apps, either. For the balance I simply set a bookmark for the Tracfone "check balance" page, then set a shortcut for it on one of my home pages. Did the same thing for their "add minutes/service online." Couldn't be easier.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nightowlz  This worked for me.  Very cool!  Thanks for sharing!

Edit:  This worked on my Sunset, but not on my Ultimate 2.  The Sunset uses AT&T, the Ultimate 2 uses Verizon.

@Stargazer77@Big Sister I found the info on the Tracfone Reviewer blogspot. They also had this info others can try if it does not work or if the widget does not work. I have the 2nd & 3rd option on my phone. I have not tried the 1st option. I have the 3rd option on my phone homescreen that I can tap on which opens & you enter your phone #.

TracfoneReviewer: How to Check your Tracfone Airtime Balance on Android Devices

Additionally, you can enter the following URL to check your balance: "https://www.tracfone.com/direct/CheckBalance?input_phone=1234567890" (replace 1234567890 with your phone number). You will get a text with your balance.

And finally, some users are reporting the easiest way is to call *777*1# to get your airtime.

NOTE - some users are reporting that some of the methods do not work for them for various reasons. We've also found another option for checking your airtime. Visit http://www.fastactportal.com/static/balance and enter your phone number to retrieve your balance.