Contributor

I am soon to move into a small condo and for the first time i will need to mount my t.v. on the wall instead of the armoir  my question is: what in the world do you do with all the cords ? I can not stand seeing an electrical cord anywhere in my home tacky! so how do you hide them ?

Honored Contributor

Welcome to the boards @snakebite60.  You might want to post your question in the electronics forum.  You wandered into the Carolyn Pollack section of the jewelry forum.  All those messy cords may look like chains in a jewelry box but they don't require the same solution.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: t.v decorating question

[ Edited ]

this is the electronic forum

@Kachina624 wrote:

Welcome to the boards @snakebite60.  You might want to post your question in the electronics forum.  You wandered into the Carolyn Pollack section of the jewelry forum.  All those messy cords may look like chains in a jewelry box but they don't require the same solution.

Esteemed Contributor

@snakebite60 wrote:

I am soon to move into a small condo and for the first time i will need to mount my t.v. on the wall instead of the armoir  my question is: what in the world do you do with all the cords ? I can not stand seeing an electrical cord anywhere in my home tacky! so how do you hide them ?

@snakebite60-you can get an electrician run the cords in the wall,

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains live links to another retailer

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains live links to outside retailers

Honored Contributor

@snakebite60

Are you renting or buying this condo? If renting, you bess check with the landlord before running cables inside the wall. After that, if you are not familiar with cutting holes in drywall, I suggest you hire a professional to do the job.

There are several different ways it can be done, but to keep all things from being visible, my suggestion is to put your armoire in front of the AC input in the wall. That way nothing will show, plus if you have a cable or satellite box, use your armoire to hold them.

Pretty easy for those that have all the tools and have done these types of things before. If you are a perfectionist, even more reason to hire a pro.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains links to outside retailers

Honored Contributor

If you want to mount the TV over a fireplace, I think it will be difficult to hide the wires - there's no wall to drill into.

Honored Contributor

You could get cord protectors at any of the home improvement stores.  Or you could go with smaller furniture.  For example, H209491.  It's a narrow cabinet.