Super Contributor

I have a samsung galaxy 4.  I have a lot of picture albums that I don't have saved on anything but my phone!  If I lost that phone...I would be LOST.

What device do you use to save pictures...do you just download them to your computer?

What happens if the computer crashes?

I wasn't happy with the "clickfree" I ordered from QVC many years ago, but would be interested in another device.  Your input is appreciated.  TIA    beanie

Honored Contributor

I download my pics from my tablet to my compter then put them on a sandisc.  This works for me.

Trusted Contributor

I have three Western Digital external hard drives. Never had a problem with any of them.

Respected Contributor

I have the Galaxy S6 and I also have Verizon. I save my photos to the Cloud nad then I can access them from any computer. I don't know what carrier you have, but you should have some type of Cloud storage.

Honored Contributor

Re: saving pics on my phone

[ Edited ]

@beanie

Dropbox is free and it is wonderful!

Pictures automatically upload to it... they are safe there.

You can access your dropbox from any device and once they upload (on their own) you are set!

If your computer crashes or if you turn in your phone, you can still access the photos because they are stored at dropbox.com

When I have needed help (retiring and turning in computer) their customer service was johnny-on-the-spot!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

so...here's the question...where is dropbox?

beanie

Super Contributor

my service provider is verizon

beanie

Valued Contributor

dropbox is best and free solution . plus you can use air droid for transfering cell to pc via wifi

Respected Contributor

The easiest is to connect your phone to your computer and transfer the photos.  Plug in your phone, open Windows Explorer, find your phone, double click, select the photos and drag them to a folder you create. 

Honored Contributor

@beanie

Go to www.dropbox.com

(usually good to set up  by going there thru your computer.

you will set up a free account using your email address.

it will give you instructions about what to do

from this point on, everything on your computer and photos will be backed up.

to access photos, you will go back to www.dropbox.com... They will all be right there!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~