Highlighted
Contributor

how do I block pop ups and web advertisements?

I bought the TSV HP from QVC. I cannot stand this computer! I have so many pop ups and web advertisements that I cant even browse the web without clicking off numerous ads. I did go to privacy and select block all pop ups but how do I get rid of the numerous web advertisements on every single page I visit?

My old laptop and desktop is not like this. Why is the new computer like this?? Please helP!

Super Contributor

Re: how do I block pop ups and web advertisements?

I have norton firewall and it keeps pop ups from ever appearing.
Super Contributor

You will need to have a firewall security package installed before you get a virus.

The how to's/which ones/etc I can not help with, sorry. We have a computer guy who we turn our computers and laptops over to still in the box, he returns it configured to our needs with a security package installed.

Sorry I wish I knew more details.

Contributor

The computer came with lifetime virus protection. There are so many things popping up saying download this, update this etc... that I dont even know what is real and what is a potential virus.

Super Contributor

Sunluvr, I know what you mean. Ads and pop-ups were driving me nuts. I ended up downloading an Ad Blocker

Adblockplus.org

It is free. I've had it for about a year and it blocks about 99% of all web ads and pop-ups. It's great!!!

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2015 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View