Super Contributor

game on my phone/keeping the level

This is embarassing.

I have gotten into the 200 levels of Candy Crush and while that might be embarassing for different reasons (you play CC?, or, ONLY 200?) I'm embarassed because I want to keep that level on my new phone.  Going from the LG 39c to 41c.  I had a different game and even though I'm using the same account for Google Play, when I installed it on the new phone it started back at level one.  I didn't care about that game but I'd rather not go back to level 1 with CC.

So I realize files, or something, resides on the phone.  Is this just the way it is or is there something I can do so I keep CC in the 200's when I install it on the new phone?

Occasional Contributor

Re: game on my phone/keeping the level

Hi,

I think the only way you can do it, is by playing through facebook.  I had the same situation and joined facebook for game purposes only.  

Good luck

Valued Contributor

I'm addicted to Candy Crush...current level 953.   That level alone proves 'too much Candy Crush'.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pickleslarue wrote:

This is embarassing.

I have gotten into the 200 levels of Candy Crush and while that might be embarassing for different reasons (you play CC?, or, ONLY 200?) I'm embarassed because I want to keep that level on my new phone.  Going from the LG 39c to 41c.  I had a different game and even though I'm using the same account for Google Play, when I installed it on the new phone it started back at level one.  I didn't care about that game but I'd rather not go back to level 1 with CC.

So I realize files, or something, resides on the phone.  Is this just the way it is or is there something I can do so I keep CC in the 200's when I install it on the new phone?

I had a few instances where my level (currently near 400) just disappeared and it dropped me back to level 1.  No way was I going to play my way up the levels all over again, so I went onto the Candy Crush official website and emailed them.

What I found out was that you have a game ID (or should have), even if you don't have a Facebook ID (I don't do Facebook).  If you look at the main screen for CC on your phone, click on the gold arrow in the bottom left-hand corner to pull up other icons.  Click on the one that looks like a little gear and then from the list that pops up, click on "FAQ".  The next screen should show your game ID under the "Go" button.

If you supply that information to CC and tell them what level you were on, they should be able to restore it.  (You might have to check the ID on both your old and new phones.)

Good luck - I know how frustrating that can be.  In fact, I was playing CC just before I logged on here.  I swore I'd never play it or become addicted, but......  Smiley Wink

ETA:  I also made a note of my game ID somewhere else because even that disappeared one time and showed "0".  I wasn't risking losing that ID again!

Super Contributor

@dietcoker wrote:

Hi,

I think the only way you can do it, is by playing through facebook.  I had the same situation and joined facebook for game purposes only.  

Good luck

I guess I'd better do that this time if I can't get back to my level.

Super Contributor

@LoriMI wrote:

I'm addicted to Candy Crush...current level 953.   That level alone proves 'too much Candy Crush'.

I can only dream.... Cat Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@pickleslarue wrote:

This is embarassing.

I had a few instances where my level (currently near 400) just disappeared and it dropped me back to level 1.  No way was I going to play my way up the levels all over again, so I went onto the Candy Crush official website and emailed them.

What I found out was that you have a game ID (or should have), even if you don't have a Facebook ID (I don't do Facebook).  If you look at the main screen for CC on your phone, click on the gold arrow in the bottom left-hand corner to pull up other icons.  Click on the one that looks like a little gear and then from the list that pops up, click on "FAQ".  The next screen should show your game ID under the "Go" button.

If you supply that information to CC and tell them what level you were on, they should be able to restore it.  (You might have to check the ID on both your old and new phones.)

Good luck - I know how frustrating that can be.  In fact, I was playing CC just before I logged on here.  I swore I'd never play it or become addicted, but......  Smiley Wink

ETA:  I also made a note of my game ID somewhere else because even that disappeared one time and showed "0".  I wasn't risking losing that ID again!

Thank you.  I found my ID so I'll see what happens.  In the grand scheme it's nothing, but, but, but, I want my level Cat LOL

My friends nephew teases me because he and his friends play "real" computer games.  CC is lame, he groans.  But CC keeps my smiling when the person at the checkout line in front of me has issues and my cart full of groceries is already on the belt.