Esteemed Contributor

advice on new phone purchase

Got a Galaxy Note 4.  Large screen, every update makes the phone more difficult to us especially for hubby who hates all phones except to make a call himself (that is about it plus a little Internet, Picture taking and a few educational dance apps.).

I am more techy, have never had an IPHONE ,always an Android.  

We will renew a contract with Sprint in two weeks.  We get new phone.  We can rent or lease.  We can have any phone we want if we are willing to pay for it.  I am trying to cut the bill.  I do want unlimited text and talk and whatever.  I want a good camera.  And I want good battery life.  I am even willing to go to Verizon.  I just want to make hubby happy with smaller and more simple and I want to have the same carrier and phone system he has.  I don't want him Apple and me Android, I don't think.

Just need your take on this.  Yes, I have asked around and am not getting much help since no one has had both kinds of phone and they cannot make the comparison.

Honored Contributor

sureRe: advice on new phone purchase

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

Re: sureRe: advice on new phone purchase

I have only had I Phones.   I LOVE THEM.  Very easy to use, simple to set up, clear screen and good camera.  .i have the 6 plus. Like the size of the screen,it's the bigger one.  Most carriers have the iPhones. Only one thing is , with Verizon if you decide to go to another carrier at any point it seems Verizon iPhones usually don't work on their "frequency" for lack of the correct wording.   Whereas you don't have that problem switching from ATT and T mobile , Sprint, etc 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: advice on new phone purchase

Was thinking of the Galazy 7 but if the 8 comes out... wow.  However my contract ends Feb and betcha the 8 comes out March.Such is life!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why not just buy him a basic phone that only makes calls, if that's all he wants? Get what you want. If he's overwhelmed with too much tech and you aren't no reason to limit yourself.

That or just remove all the apps he doesn't want or need. But I don't see the point of paying for more technology than a person needs. 

I'm the only person in my house that is all apple from my desktop to my phone and tablet. I'm also the most tech informed person in my home. My husband does use an iphone but my daughter switched to android. You don't all have to use the same devices or OS. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is JMHO, but I'm an Apple girl all the way...iPhone, IPad, MacPro.  My son is a big fan and spoiled me with my first iPhone and iPad.  I've never had any issues with any of them, which is why I and everyone I know uses Apple.  Good luck on choosing what you want and what works for you.

Respected Contributor

Why does your husband need a smart phone if all he does is makes phone calls?  Get him a basic flip phone and you get what you want.  Sounds simple to me. 

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu 

Maybe a prepaid plan that comes with a phone. In the long run, if he only makes calls/takes pictures little online, maybe the cheapest tracfone out there.

My wife has a prepaid plan with Sprint. Unlimited talk and text, and options for how much Data you choose? Her plan is 1g Data, more than enough for her with all the wi-fi available is plenty for her. It is $30+some tax.

Just a thought,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut You are right, love to get him the BASICS, but I feel so guilty that I would get the latest, greatest, most expensive phone out there and HE gets the opposite.  Yep, you have a great idea.  He might not even know the difference.  Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut  How are you doing?  Remember someone was under the weather.  Always respect everything you have to say and hoped you would answer my post.