Trusted Contributor

? about Kindle first for prime members

I recently bought a Kindle and am also a prime member. I received an email about kindle first which said pick one of 6 books and get it for free as a prime member. I picked a book from the 6 offered but was charged $1.99. My question is how do you get the pick for free? 

QVC Customer Care

Re: ? about Kindle first for prime members

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link to another retailer.

Esteemed Contributor

about kindle first which said pick one of 6 books and get it for free as a prime member. I picked a book from the 6 offered but was charged $1.99.

I used this section from your post and did a Google search. It gave me an answer.

You should contact Amazon about the charge.

Trusted Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

about kindle first which said pick one of 6 books and get it for free as a prime member. I picked a book from the 6 offered but was charged $1.99.

I used this section from your post and did a Google search. It gave me an answer.

You should contact Amazon about the charge.

I will google it and contact Amazon. Thank you for your reply.  

Honored Contributor

If the selection was suggested, you shouldn't have to pay for it.  Search the site for free books.

Trusted Contributor

Apparently the problem is that my husband pays for the prime membership through his account so he has to actually order the book to get it free on kindle first then transfer it to me. 

Seems strange to me since I can take advantage of prime free shipping on my account. Oh well -- learn something new every day!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GCR18 wrote:

If the selection was suggested, you shouldn't have to pay for it.  Search the site for free books.

Free books are pretty much all I read on my kindle -- same for my nook. The only time I actually pay for books is if I read the 1st book of a series for free and get hooked, then I'll go ahead and pay for the rest of the books in the series (if they're not too expensive). 

I just figured since we pay for a prime membership I'd take advantage of the kindle first program. 

Honored Contributor

Have him add you to his Amazon account household. Then you can share more benefits. Alternatively you can just add your kindle to his Amazon account. I have my husband and my kids kindles registered to my Amazon account. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Have him add you to his Amazon account household. Then you can share more benefits. Alternatively you can just add your kindle to his Amazon account. I have my husband and my kids kindles registered to my Amazon account. 

@jaxs mom  When you add someone, do they have their own password?  Can they see what you purchased?  

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@jaxs mom  When you add someone, do they have their own password?  Can they see what you purchased?  

Option 1

With household accounts, they use their own Amazon account to log in, but you have to agree to share purchase insturments. And there is a process you have to go through once to verify. But when they buy something they pay for it themselves. If you are sharing kindle books, then yes they can see them, but I think there is a way to choose which books to share. I don't know. I use option 2 for my kids and husbands kindles. 

Option 2

Have all kindles registered to one Amazon account. In this case, of course they can see all your purchases, because as far as Amazon knows, they are all your kindles. And the account they are registered to is the one charged for all purchases. You would want to turn off whispersync so that your bookmarks don't sync across devices. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval