Trusted Contributor

Re: Why Does Malwarebytes Tell Me Every Site I Go To is Malicious?

@epoole59 wrote:

If by free, you are talking about DEFENDER by WINDOWS, beware. I tried that one also, not so great. Get the free Mcafee instead to start and see if you like that. It works good on mine for now. The Defender is only really a firewall and not a virus protector no matter what the Microsoft folks tell you. IT will not do real scannning on your PC. Hope this helps.

i got avg anti virus... i looked at the reviews on it, it got high reviews. do you know anything about it?? 

Respected Contributor

@LilacTree ... Good to know I'm not the only one!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

@qvc-loyal customer wrote:

i recently got free internet security do i need to get malwarebytes too???

I don't know anything about computers actually, but when I got Norton for my computer, everyone told me I needed Malwarebytes also. Maybe someone else knows.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

@epoole59 wrote:

See if he has cleaned out the old and temp files collecting up on his PC and if not, that can slow down a computer. TO clean up space, first go to Internet Options from the control panel. There you will see a section to clean out history and files, that box will come up, check all but the last box and DELETE. Do this several times and you will see aboe the box deleting files scrolling. May take several minutes. Then, from Internet options again, find Disk Cleanup. You will then clean up Drive C and delete bad and old, temp files from that. This will also contain recicle bin files taking up space. Click on all those wasting space files and delete. IF you have not done a Defragmention of your files, this is the time to do one. Again, you may find this under Internet options. Defragmention can take all night. The best defencse from problems is a good offence to keep bad stuf away. Get a good anti-virus program, even a free one is good and never be tempted to clink on anything you think is strange. Stay safe, so many bad people online now from even 3 yrs ago. I know, got badly hacked and leaned a lot.

PS: Have MS, so please excuse typos, have to type as a lefty now, and find that really hard. So do the best I can on long paragraphs...

@epoole59 ... Thank you so much for posting this. I've never done any of it other than clean out my cookies once in a while.

Honored Contributor

I have this program on all of my computers and haven't had this happen - yet (fingers crossed).    

If you're having this happen on Windows10, who knows!  I only have this one computer with Win10 (OEM) and I don't like it much.  Almost every time there is an update it either corrupts or just entirely removes one program or another.   I've been able to fix all of them except Auslogics Defrag.   Can't get that one to work anymore.  

I hate that they limit you.  If I buy this particular license, I think I should be able to use the softwares of my choice, assuming they don't do damage.

If it could be something like that, I wonder if you might uninstall and re-install the program and that could fix it (?).  But I agree with either Googling the problem or going to their site to see what's going on with it since, clearly, it's not just you.  HOpe it works out!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Thanks @Chickenbutt. I did the Disk Cleanup and cleaned out all my old files and history as @epoole59 recommended. It seems to have eliminated the problem.

Thanks everyone...especially @epoole59!

Honored Contributor

Yay!  Smiley Happy  I'm so glad it's better.  Stuff like that is so aggravating.

Occasional Contributor

AGV is as good as any of the Free Anti virus software programs as you may find. AS I said before, the main thing is playing offence against the bad players. Not letting them in is more important than fighting them after they are already in side and that is what Anti-virus is for, fighting them after they are inside already. Malware is something NOTHING can get rid of, it is bad, I know. I bought a PC online, Cough Cough, that had in its registry malware that I had no idea of until a windows update and bang, they had me, money and all, or what little money and all. That was my fought for not buying smart which I now know better. So the best way to stay safe is to stay clean in the first place. No opening links, cleaning you PC every day and running your scans from any software you do have, free or paid for. Keep a firewall always on. And never open ads or pop ups. Places like this is safe and protected by QVC.  But shopping online can be troubling at some places, so always be careful. Also, Facebook is getting to be a harborer of Viruses no longer safe. Too many people pretending to be others than who they are any longer. Sad days. Stay private on FB and only let people you know on your timeline. TImes they are a'changing as the ole song goes.

Occasional Contributor

I gave Defender as my example because it is made by Windows and geting a program to defend itself does not make sense at all. That is like having 3 graders to grade their own papers...No way would that work. Defender is not a sntivirus program, just a firewall, but they want you to use it because of all of their ipdates, bad news.

Occasional Contributor

Have you tried asking on WIndows Hub, or as it is formally called, Windows Feedback Hub? There is a lot of information there and answers from Microsoft techs with such knowledge who hate these updates as much as we do. IF we keep complaining, WIndows will have to fix this large problem. By overloading them with these questions has to be the only way we will get their attention on the Hub. Please join it if you can and complain. IT comes with your Windows 10 updates, of course, just like Groove Music and X-Box!