Respected Contributor

Re: Which Trafone do you have and like?

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@Ainhisg  I love my Ultimate 2 and while I would like a more updated phone, I love the LED light on the Ultimate 2 so much that I haven't bought anything newer.  My plan is up next month, so I'll have to decided if I want to extend my service time or get a new phone.  

What's the pull-down menu like on the ZTE?  I've only had LG smartphones so far and I really like their pull-down menu.  My mom had an Alcatel that she ended up returning and I didn't like their pull-down menu at all.  I looked at my brother-in-law's Samsung Galaxy S6 the other and the pull-down menu was not like LG, but similar enough that I think I would adjust.

@Stargazer77, If you swipe down once, you get the four most-used icons on one row:  auto rotate, wi-fi, data, bluetooth.  Under that is the brightness control.  If you swipe down again (or hit the down arrow below the brightness control), you then get two more rows of four icons each:  sound, vibrate, power saver, dolby--(next row) location, airplane, flashlight, sync, and then below that is the row I previously mentioned (auto rotate, etc.)  Also, when you do the two swipes, you get the battery percentage.  

That is one thing about the U2 that is missing on this one.  There is a battery icon at the top of the screen at all times, but there is no way to see the percentage unless you swipe down twice.  Also, the notification light is a blue circle that pulses continually if you have a missed text or call.  Very glad to have that!  However, there is no way to make the phone alert you by sound of a missed call or text except for the initial sound.  After it notifies you by sound once, it does not do it again, and there is nowhere in the settings to make it do so...believe me--I've tried every setting known to man, googled it, etc.  I'm sure there's an app I could download to do so, but I have been too lazy to look.  lol

Respected Contributor

My current one, the Premier, is great. The Ultimate 2 was one of the best. Now discontinued, I've seen remaining inventory for them in some stores.

Love Tracfones!

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

@Ainhisg Thank you for typing all of that out.  The battery thing would bother me.  I like the percentage indicator displayed at all times.  I'm sure there's an app for that.  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg, question: Does your ZTE have the option to restrict incoming and outgoing calls? I have our home phone number set to forward to my phone (LG Premier), and have the phone set to block incoming calls that aren't in my contacts. When I get such a call "call rejected" appears on the screen and the caller goes immediately to voicemail. I like that because it intercepts junk calls. Anyone else can leave a message ( plus all callers appear in the call log).
As far as the repeat notification, I had to search for it in the Premier. The system settings in the Premier only address the notification setting. The REPEAT function is within the text app, but not where you've opened it to text or read a text--it's in the settings icon that appears in the LIST of texts received. I have it set for a 2-minute repeat, and like that.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:
@Ainhisg, question: Does your ZTE have the option to restrict incoming and outgoing calls? I have our home phone number set to forward to my phone (LG Premier), and have the phone set to block incoming calls that aren't in my contacts. When I get such a call "call rejected" appears on the screen and the caller goes immediately to voicemail. I like that because it intercepts junk calls. Anyone else can leave a message ( plus all callers appear in the call log).
As far as the repeat notification, I had to search for it in the Premier. The system settings in the Premier only address the notification setting. The REPEAT function is within the text app, but not where you've opened it to text or read a text--it's in the settings icon that appears in the LIST of texts received. I have it set for a 2-minute repeat, and like that.

I always install the Norton anti-virus app on my phones, and it has the option to block calls, which is what I use.  You can choose to have it block incoming calls that aren't contacts or you can choose individual numbers to block...like if you get a call from a telemarketer, you can choose just that number to block.  I just quickly went through the call settings on the ZTE, and I do not see a setting similar to what you are currently using.  It may be there, and I'm just not seeing it.

Within the text app's settings, there is no place to set a repeat tone.  I just double checked, and it is nowhere to be found on this phone.  At least it has a notification pulsing light!

As an aside, I reread the reviews on the ZTE to see what the new reviews were saying.  I saw some that said they couldn't hear the phone ring or that they couldn't hear the person speaking.  I don't understand these comments at all.  Depending on the ring that a person chooses, this phone is very loud!  And as far as not being able to hear the caller, the only thing I can guess is that they're not holding the phone correctly.  It is a 6-inch long phone, and you do want to make sure the ear piece (which can be easily seen) is on your ear.  I've NEVER had trouble hearing a caller.