Honored Contributor

Re: Which Trafone do you have and like?

I have had 3 different smartphones - an LG that was ok, a Samsung that was much better but now I have an Alcatel and it is the best.  I got one for SO from HSN and liked it so much that I wanted one but not available at HSN at the time so I got one from Amazon  The extra minutes, etc you get from shopping channels didn't matter to me as I have nearly 4,000  minutes.    

Respected Contributor

My most recent smart phone is the Samsung Galaxy CORE PRIME with Tracfone.  My friend has one also, and we both love ours.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Kachina624 - I've seen you post this on another thread.  I'm curious as to why you didn't just return the phone to HSN for a full refund, if you could never use it?

It states pretty clearly on the Tracfone website that they will replace phones with either a new or refurbished phone, at their discretion.

My DH and I have had nothing but Tracfones for the past 15 years and have never experienced the kind of problem you have.  I did buy the last LG phone HSN offered and couldn't get service here (it was AT&T).  I returned them to HSN and we purchased the lastest LG Premier that QVC offered (through Verizon).  Love the phones and have had no problems with them at all.

As to your lost service or minutes, contact the Miami Executive Resolution Office (1-800-626-4883) and tell them what's happened.  I would also explain that you had a brand new phone and they've sent you an old one.  Way back (about 14 years ago) a CS rep at the regular number managed to wipe out all my existing minutes and service and I got it sorted out by calling this number.

Personally, we love LG phones and don't like Galaxy, but that's just a personal preference.  And we also love our Tracfones.  We do everything online now through our own accounts.

@Venezia  By the time I concluded the phone couldn't be fixed, my 30 day period for returns was up.

I tried using the number you posted, the executive resolution office, and what I got was the usual unknowledgable person with a strong foreign accent.  She kept insisting I press a button on the side of the phone and the Sunset has no button.  She practically called me a liar when I kept telling her that.  That was just one of my calls.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@hckynut - I remember a few TSVs ago, when QVC included a free lifetime replacement no matter what happened to your phone (you could get up to 3 replacements a year).  A shame this wasn't in effect for the one the Lab ate!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 - With that one noteable exception, when I've had to call the CS center (in the "old days") I've always found the Tracfone CS reps knowledgeable and polite, so our experiences are clearly polar opposites.

Yes, they speak with an accent, but then, so do we to them.  Heck, I've had trouble understanding some regional American accents!

Obviously, not every provider suits every customer.  Sorry yours was such a bad experience, but I'm sure you'll find one that works better for you - probably one which has an actual store you can go into to sort out any issues.  Best of luck!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been a tracfone user for many years also.  Sometimes frustrating customer service and sometimes not. The best advice I ever saw on a forum was to do live chat w/tracfone first if you have a problem - then save your chat. 

My favorite phone - that just died - was a Moto E.  I replaced it with a an LG Destiny but not sure I like it so just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime.  The Destiny is GSM/ATT&T and had problems the first day trying to call the landline. Threw the packaging away too quickly so can't return it. Usually I never throw out packaging this quickly. LOL 

What I really want is a Galaxy S5 but the price on HSN is still too high. 

Cindy 

Esteemed Contributor

@CinNC wrote:

I've been a tracfone user for many years also.  Sometimes frustrating customer service and sometimes not. The best advice I ever saw on a forum was to do live chat w/tracfone first if you have a problem - then save your chat. 

My favorite phone - that just died - was a Moto E.  I replaced it with a an LG Destiny but not sure I like it so just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime.  The Destiny is GSM/ATT&T and had problems the first day trying to call the landline. Threw the packaging away too quickly so can't return it. Usually I never throw out packaging this quickly. LOL 

What I really want is a Galaxy S5 but the price on HSN is still too high.  

Cindy

Please do not spend your money on an old Samsung Galaxy S5. This phone will not get monthly security updates, and is not safe to use.

When you want to change tech, you should consider an iPhone. It gets security updates when needed from Apple and System Updates.

I like the iPhone SE in 64GB.

Respected Contributor

I have the ZTE Zmax 2 and could not be happier!  It is item #485-333 on HSN.  It is so fast and works seemlessly!  It has a notification light when you get a call or text.  It has 16gb of storage unlike most Tracfones that only have 8.  To answer a call--two buttons show up...answer or decline.  You slide up to do one and down to do the other, and it works every single time unlike many of the LG's.  I had two LG's before this including the Ultimate 2, and to me...it is on par with the U2 only much faster, and it is nice to use since the screen is larger.  Just read all the glowing reviews on this phone!  It is a GSM phone, so if you do not get good ATT service where you live, it will not work well for you.  But if you do get good ATT service, this phone is excellent!

Valued Contributor

I pre-ordered this TSV for DH and it will arrive today. E229948 Samsung Galaxy Luna. It looks like a nice phone. 4G and I believe it works from the Verizon towers.

Trusted Contributor

@Ainhisg  I love my Ultimate 2 and while I would like a more updated phone, I love the LED light on the Ultimate 2 so much that I haven't bought anything newer.  My plan is up next month, so I'll have to decided if I want to extend my service time or get a new phone.  

What's the pull-down menu like on the ZTE?  I've only had LG smartphones so far and I really like their pull-down menu.  My mom had an Alcatel that she ended up returning and I didn't like their pull-down menu at all.  I looked at my brother-in-law's Samsung Galaxy S6 the other and the pull-down menu was not like LG, but similar enough that I think I would adjust.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*