Trusted Contributor

Where can I buy a laptop with Windows 7 or Windows XP??

I was just on Best Buy's site and when I typed in 'computer with Windows 7 or XP', it just brought up computers with Windows 10.   I don't want Windows 10 or 8.    

Thanks for any help.  I'm looking for a new computer, not a refurbished one.

Respected Contributor

Re: Where can I buy a laptop with Windows 7 or Windows XP??

[ Edited ]

You probably won't find one. Microsoft discontinued support for XP in the past year I think.  7 is also going to be very difficult to find since it is 2 OS ago.  Try Amazon or Newegg (I think that is the name of the site).  They may have some discontinued models.

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

@newjersey  Take a look at what we have available.  Acer17Windows07

Susan Q-Social

Honored Contributor

They are going to stop supporting Windows 7 soon, too.  You may as well admit defeat!

If you're going to have to upgrade eventually anyway, it's better to buy a new computer with Windows 10 already installed (a clean install) rather than trying to add it onto a previous version.  That causes all kinds of problems, no matter what they say! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan-QVC wrote:

@newjersey  Take a look at what we have available.  Acer17Windows07

Susan Q-Social

Old software means old hardware, too. That's got a processor from 2012 and only 4GB of RAM, which is below standard now. 

As someone mentioned, Windows 7 won't be supported forever and all but extended support ends in 2018. (See Windows End of Life data here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet)

Yes, learning new software, especially a new operating system, can be a hassle. But better to deal with it now than waiting until you are forced to do so because your old favorite is no longer supported and better to do it on a newer system that will last longer.

That said, you may want to tell us about what you intend to use the computer for. It's possible you don't need a laptop and may want to consider a Chromebook, instead.

Esteemed Contributor

Dell still makes one with Windows 7.  Check their website.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

the bay has some with

Windows 7. We have been looking for DBIL. He is somewhat disabled and in order for him to understand and use his computer, it will need 7

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Try newegg  or tigerdirect

just add .com to the end of their names to go to their websites.  Both carry some windows 7 laptops.  

Trusted Contributor

I've been using Windows 10 for a year now.  I think it's great.  There are ways to make it look like Windows 7 if that's what you're concerned about.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG, it always amazes me why anyone would want a brand new computer with very old software that is not going to be supported by Microsoft much longer. What is the point of that O/P?