Honored Contributor

WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ! WHAT A MESS !

Now, when I try to load pictures straight from my SD card they go to one drive instead of to the Pictures area !   Anyone know how to change that back to going to the picture area.

with One Drive you go back in time to DCIM root and MP access. Have to delete that stuff . 

My notification area is showing notifications, but, you can't open them. Right and left clicking does nothing.

The Windows window pane , now, you have to right click on  and lot of options are gone you have to go to 'run' and type in what you want to find like your 'Pictures', 'Music,' etc.

what a ************* mess !!!!!!!!!!   I uninstalled all the updates, they just put 'em back in there. So, you don't have control of your own equipment!

I'm so mad I could spit nails !!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ! WHAT A MESS !

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Now, when I try to load pictures straight from my SD card they go to one drive instead of to the Pictures area !   Anyone know how to change that back to going to the picture area.

with One Drive you go back in time to DCIM root and MP access. Have to delete that stuff . 

My notification area is showing notifications, but, you can't open them. Right and left clicking does nothing.

The Windows window pane , now, you have to right click on  and lot of options are gone you have to go to 'run' and type in what you want to find like your 'Pictures', 'Music,' etc.

what a ************* mess !!!!!!!!!!   I uninstalled all the updates, they just put 'em back in there. So, you don't have control of your own equipment!

This is part of the reason I just replaced my 2 year old QVC purchased Dell with a Apple Macbook pro laptop a few days ago!  I am SO MUCH happier!! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

You are so right. I also have Windows 10 on my laptop. It is horrible! My husband has Windows 10; he get so mad thatbhe's ready to take a sledge hammer to his desktop. This is worst than Vista. Now I'm gettting all sorts of pop-ups., lost emails, more Junk mail than ever, and lately insistence to upgrade to Windows 11. I cannot imagine what kind of H3ll that will be. It even changed my email. I went to bed one night and all was fine; the next morning, I turned it on and my email was totallly different with names of people I've never heard of. I can't delete them; that command is not allowed. So much more wrong with this version.

I wish I had the money to buy computers that don't use Microsoft.

tea

Honored Contributor

@SharkE I'm sorry you are having trouble.  I would think if someone as savvy as you are having trouble I can't imagine others who are not as savvy with computers.

I hope you get it resolved.  Just saying....

Respected Contributor

I HATE Windows 10!!!  I had Windows 7 and everything was fine... until the last updates.  They totally messed up my computer.  I was working with a techie friend TRYING to get it back to normal (almost a reformat).  My husband walked in my (home) office one day and said, "Well, how's it going with the computer?"  I said, "Not good!"  He said, "Why don't you just get a new computer?"  MUSIC to my ears.  But, of course, I had to get Windows 10.  My technie friend keeps telling me I'll get used to it.  We'll see about that.  Smiley Frustrated

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I had no trouble with the actual Windows 10, the updates that just went out today is what has conked it all up.

I can see it's gonna cost me 100 and up to take to the repair.

I disabled one drive , now,  I can't upload pics at all.

Why these *********ers can't leave well enough alone is beyond me.

I'm even desperate enough to try Windows 11 maybe it will be better then this c*ap. I'll be up all night trying to figure out all this 'stuff'.

If this horror hits my laptop I'm gonna scream bloody murder

I can see where in the future I'm just going strictly tablet.

Honored Contributor

I got rid of the unnecessary Notification area. Score 1 for my side.

I deleted One Drive altogether.

Now, I can't upload pics from my camera directly with SD card or with reader/writer.

If I can't get it fixed by Mon. I'll have to bite the bullet and take into shop.

thanks Microsoft ! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE, check your AutoPlay setting. Maybe the default was changed. You can also turn off AutoPlay, and just right click on the memory card to choose how to open it.

auto.JPG

Honored Contributor

UPDATE ON MY PROBLEM

took in to the shop and all is back to normal

cost me 140 .

Hopefully, MS will lay off the tearing up of one's computers for awhile

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

UPDATE ON MY PROBLEM

took in to the shop and all is back to normal

cost me 140 .

Hopefully, MS will lay off the tearing up of one's computers for awhile

Please share with us the problems the tech found were caused by the Windows 10 update.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.