Super Contributor

Why can't I view videos on the Q's website?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Viewing videos on QVC

[ Edited ]

Whenever I view them,it makes my computer shut down and lock me out of my own computer.  It is not my computer ,it is the  QVC site. I have had computer service guys  come and check it out so I know it postively is not my computer.

Sorry I cannot offer you help, I just want you to know you are not alone and it probably is not your computers fault either,don't let them tell you that it is!!!

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure what type of device/browser you're using, but I'm on a laptop using IE and the videos are working fine for me, I just checked again before posting.

If you post that info, I'm sure some of our knowledgeable computer 'geeks' (said with much respect and appreciation, LOL!) may be able to help you.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

On my Ipad, i watch the item videos often and have no trouble. The PROBLEM is the quality sometimes can be awful. They can be so fuzzy/blurry they are hard to see but better than nothing. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kleo wrote:

Why can't I view videos on the Q's website?

Are you getting any kind of error message/s when you try and watch a video?

Sometimes you might see some kind of message when you are trying to watch a video, like you might need to install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, or some kind of message like that, in order to watch a video.

Or, you might have to install the latest version of the browser that you're using, too.

Some of the browsers already have Flash Player automatically installed in them, so that you can watch videos. 

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

On my Ipad, i watch the item videos often and have no trouble. The PROBLEM is the quality sometimes can be awful. They can be so fuzzy/blurry they are hard to see but better than nothing. 

I use an iPad also and sometimes I can watch videos just fine, while other times the video won't play at all.  And I agree--often the video quality is atrocious, but, as you say, better than nothing.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

I use an iPad also and sometimes I can watch videos just fine, while other times the video won't play at all.  And I agree--often the video quality is atrocious, but, as you say, better than nothing.

This is how it is for me on my iPad as well. Sometimes the videos work fine, and other times clicking on the screen arrow(s) effects NOTHING. No action whatever. There is no variable involved on my end so AFAIC it's not an issue I'm responsible for. The only effect it has on me is that there has been a time or two when I just dumped the idea of buying an item because the #%!€ video wouldn't play and there are only so many hoops I'm prepared to jump through. Nothing sold here is worth more than X amount of aggravation to me, period.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all