Esteemed Contributor

Very disappointed in my new Apple product...

[ Edited ]

Good morning! I decided to buy a Apple mini Ipad 2. I knew I made a mistake right from the start. I noticed that everything in the Apple store has a charge. [or almost everything] I guess I wanted to see what the big deal is. I am taking it back.. for almost four hundred dollars it could at the very least have a back lit screen. i have two other tablets one from Acer and one from HP which I like very much. I guess I wanted to treat myself  to a IPad and find out what is the big deal about it ... That is why I am asking what kind of things do you do with your IPad and do you like it better then a tablet? I did not see much of a difference nor was I impressed  with the Apple device I brought.  Thanks in advance.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Very disappointed in my new Apple product...

You are paying for the name. Samsung makes an excellent tablet.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lightswitch wrote:

You are paying for the name. Samsung makes an excellent tablet.

Thank you, for your reply and I agree with you and will be taking this tablet back. I am going to look in to Samsung.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Usually you can return electronics for the first 15 to 30 days.

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Usually you can return electronics for the first 15 to 30 days.

And the Apple store I went to  say I can return it in two weeks... so I have plenty of time. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Sorry it did not work out for you.

I'm always concerned about making the best purchase for my needs and do a lot of research and product comparisons before buying. Checking them out in person helps, too, when possible.

Esteemed Contributor

I have an iPad Air & love, love, love it .... I do everything on it .... I have two HP laptops that I hardly ever use (except for spreadsheets) .... If anything ever happened to my iPad  I would buy another one in a heartbeat!!!! 😍

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

Sorry it did not work out for you.

I'm always concerned about making the best purchase for my needs and do a lot of research and product comparisons before buying. Checking them out in person helps, too, when possible.

This is not my first electronic device and yes I was there in person and I did do my research and for my needs I choose the Apple Ipad 2.  Boy what a mistake that was.

Trusted Contributor

I think when you buy an ipad, you know you will get all the apps that go with the Apple product.  If you don't care about that, then I guess, another brand is just fine.

Respected Contributor

@apple1964  Does apple charge for apps that are free in the google playstore?  Just curious.