Valued Contributor

Well we have a new phone here that will not cooperate and activate it has been 4 days now. I have messaged them and they seem to be greatly challenged as I have read here before and it is certainly true. They barely read or comprhend the issue and then can not resolve it and ask you to repeat the information. Good grief, do you have a dedicated number for us QVC????

Honored Contributor

Re: Tracphone problems

[ Edited ]

I've had several conversations with the people at CS.  The last one kept insisting I press a button on the side of the phone.  We went round and around when I told her there was no button (Sunset model), and then she didn't know what to do.

She finally decided I needed a new phone so I sent my brand new smart phone in and they sent me a used piece of junk that was older than the phone I was replacing.  Beware of this company and DON'T SEND THEM YOUR PHONE.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I don't understand why you are waiting 4 days for activation...it's as little as 5 minutes.  Did you set up an account online?  Calling Tracfone is easy and there's little to no problems with them.

If you are still having issues, send the phone back to the Q and I'm sure they'll have it replaced.

Good Luck.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've had several conversationsmall with the people at CS.  The last one kept insisting I press a button on the side of the phone.  We went round and around when I told her there was no button (Sunset model), and then she didn't know what to do.

She finally decided I needed a new phone so I sent my brand new smart phone in and they sent me a used piece of junk that was older than the phone I was replacing.  Beware of this company and DON'T SEND THEM YOUR PHONE.

What kind of phone do you use? 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV   Tracfone, of course

Super Contributor

On a previous teracfone thread I advised:

If anyone is about to activate, start with the blue Tracfone card that says 'Welcome guide'. It works!

If you have problems you should look thru all of the papers that came with your phone and call the CS# at QVC.  These people are terrific and quickly solve your problems.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if some of the people who say they are having trouble completing activation are doing the final step mentioned:  making a phone call with the phone you've just activated to complete the process?

I remember, in the past, a lot of people forgot to do the final step and blamed it on Tracfone.  Just a thought.

Honored Contributor

I've always found activation of TracFones to be very easy.  I did it and was ready to make calls in less than 30min.  I've had these phones 5-6 years so I've had a few activations.  If you do have a problem, call them.

QVC Social Team

@blankette wrote:

Well we have a new phone here that will not cooperate and activate it has been 4 days now. I have messaged them and they seem to be greatly challenged as I have read here before and it is certainly true. They barely read or comprhend the issue and then can not resolve it and ask you to repeat the information. Good grief, do you have a dedicated number for us QVC????

Hi @blankette - The Tracfone team is hosting a Q & A and they would be happy to help you. Click here to post your question> TracfoneQ&A

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I don't understand why you are waiting 4 days for activation...it's as little as 5 minutes.  Did you set up an account online?  Calling Tracfone is easy and there's little to no problems with them.

If you are still having issues, send the phone back to the Q and I'm sure they'll have it replaced.

Good Luck.

I got a new tracfone at Christmas time and the activation took 22 hours so they don't all go in 5 min. DH got one in the spring and I got it set up in 5 min.