Frequent Contributor

Tracphone LG Premier and sim card issues?

I love this phone but lately been having a "no sim card" flash on the screen. I restart and it's fine for awhile, then will do it again. I see others are having to get new sim cards sent to them. My phone works fine until that happens, then there's no data connection. It's doing it right now in fact. I just rebooted the phone and it didn't help this time. Shoot, didn't want to have to call Tracfone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tracphone LG Premier and sim card issues?

@rplas64 wrote:

I love this phone but lately been having a "no sim card" flash on the screen. I restart and it's fine for awhile, then will do it again. I see others are having to get new sim cards sent to them. My phone works fine until that happens, then there's no data connection. It's doing it right now in fact. I just rebooted the phone and it didn't help this time. Shoot, didn't want to have to call Tracfone.

@rplas64

Did your phone come with a sim card already installed? If not, did you insert it and make sure it is seated securely? Never hurts to check things that are not permanently attached to any mobile device that can get bounced around.

If you have hunted for answers on google and came up empty, call TracFone. I never had any problems getting things fixed when I called them.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@rplas64 wrote:

@rplas64

Did your phone come with a sim card already installed? If not, did you insert it and make sure it is seated securely? Never hurts to check things that are not permanently attached to any mobile device that can get bounced around.

If you have hunted for answers on google and came up empty, call TracFone. I never had any problems getting things fixed when I called them.

hckynut(john)

Yes, it was already installed. Right after I posted, I did take the back cover off and made sure it was secure. Restarted and it's working again.

Trusted Contributor

This happened to my mom's Tracfone.  The card wasn't pushed in all the way and it was fine once it was properly secured in place.  Hopefully, that was your problem and it will be smooth sailing from here forward.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Frequent Contributor

So far so good. Card must have been loose.

Regular Contributor

@rplas64 wrote:

This phone is a disaster. Have you read the reviews?  QVC sure bought a pig in a poke with this one.  Mine worked quickly and smoothly.  One month later the sounds for phone calls and notifications did not work. Had to remove battery and it's working now. 

BUT my husband's wouldn't activate.  They would not give him his old number to his old tracfone and keep it running. They sent a new sim card and won't activate unless we pay for another card for minutes and service date.  His phone had a service date expiration of July 2017 and he had 313 minutes left.  In all reality Tracfone confiscated his, old phone, his number, his minutes and air time.  What a company.  I hope QVC reconsiders this company.  This is our 3rd phone with them and service had gotten worse instead of better.