Respected Contributor

Tracfones that are suppose to be released in 2017

IMG_3097.PNG

Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfones that are suppose to be released in 2017

Over the last couple of years Tracfone has done a nice job of adding more relevant phones to their lineup. Go back four or five years ago and the phones available were pretty pathetic and more of the bottom of the line phones. Now they're adding more top of the line phones and that's good for consumers. I'm not sure if there are any publicly available numbers on their subscriber base, but I'm betting it's grown rather well since the change.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had Tracfone since their first appearance on a shopping network. My uses for a cell phone are minimal at best. Because this network has made Tracfone purchases cheaper than adding a year expiration date, each year I have gotten a new and more feature rich cell phone from that network.

Do I use all the features of each years updated phones. No, I do not. But since it costs me around $6 a month, or less? Why not keep getting an upgraded phone with each purchase? As long as they keep supplying me with a cell phone for around $6 per month, I have no intention of changing how and where I purchase my Tracfone.

I have never been interested in anything starting with "i". For me they are like other companies that sell electronics for much higher prices, for customers that are "name buying", not feature and cost buying. Could name specific companies, that in my opinion, sell products that are inferior to cheaper than other companies have less name recognition than the "i" brand.

Have yet to have a dropped call with the carriers used by Tracfone, but know many that are paying in access of $100 per month with a major carrier that drop calls during our conversation. For me Tracfone is the perfect fit for a electronic device, that I seldom use, that comes at a cheaper price. Why would I ever look elsewhere?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

I have had Tracfone since their first appearance on a shopping network. My uses for a cell phone are minimal at best. Because this network has made Tracfone purchases cheaper than adding a year expiration date, each year I have gotten a new and more feature rich cell phone from that network.

Do I use all the features of each years updated phones. No, I do not. But since it costs me around $6 a month, or less? Why not keep getting an upgraded phone with each purchase? As long as they keep supplying me with a cell phone for around $6 per month, I have no intention of changing how and where I purchase my Tracfone.

I have never been interested in anything starting with "i". For me they are like other companies that sell electronics for much higher prices, for customers that are "name buying", not feature and cost buying. Could name specific companies, that in my opinion, sell products that are inferior to cheaper than other companies have less name recognition than the "i" brand.

Have yet to have a dropped call with the carriers used by Tracfone, but know many that are paying in access of $100 per month with a major carrier that drop calls during our conversation. For me Tracfone is the perfect fit for a electronic device, that I seldom use, that comes at a cheaper price. Why would I ever look elsewhere?

hckynut(john)

@hckynut

I feel the same way!  I don't use a cell phone much and I don't need to spend a lot of money for something which I don't use.  Tracphones suit me just fine.  I have people who try to make me feel like I am dinosaur or from another world because I don't have the "i" appliances.  They actually make fun of my phones!  Well, I haven't had any trouble withy my phone and intend to keep using them!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I have used Tracfones for around 20 years and agree with @hckynut about never having a dropped call or lack of service in our area. I only posted the article for anyone that may like an iPhone without the monthly fee. There probably be a large charge upfront before the Tracfone service would start so it won't be the deals we can get now. I have the LGL41C and if I find a nicer phone I will upgrade but so far this has been the best Tracfone I have owned yet. I would like a larger one 5 or 5.5 but any larger would be too large for me. 

Happy Valentines Day to all. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I agree with you @hckynut. I have been using Tracfones for years. My son has a much more updated phone and the whole plan but he actually likes my current phone better than his! He just doesn't use Tracfone any longer because he's a heavy phone user but until he become one, that is what he used too. I have a family member who lives way out in the woods and when we are having family gatherings there, we have people with every fancy phone out there. I have to laugh when they can't get service and I can. That is not a lie, not one of them can get the service I do. It's awesome.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14

Happy Valentine's Day to you too.

hckynut(john).  =^..^= 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Over the last couple of years Tracfone has done a nice job of adding more relevant phones to their lineup. Go back four or five years ago and the phones available were pretty pathetic and more of the bottom of the line phones. Now they're adding more top of the line phones and that's good for consumers. I'm not sure if there are any publicly available numbers on their subscriber base, but I'm betting it's grown rather well since the change.

@gardenman I'm glad they have better phones since this is what I use. I need it basically for emergencies & just started texting last year. LOL!!! I'm not interested in paying a monthly bill for something I don't use that much. I wish the TSV would work in my zip code. DH could use one with more then 8gb storage. The phones they used to have were pretty pathetic but worked for me if I had a flat tire, locked my keys in the car or locked myself out of the house. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

hckynut(john)

@hckynut LOL!!! My sister has one of those iphones. When she calls me sometimes we have problems with hearing etc. She thinks it's my home phone. NOT!!! It's her iphone because nobody else has any problems when I'm talking to them except her on her iPhone.