Contributor

Tracfone phasing out bundles on shopping networks ????

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:4JeW57X4khsJ:www.law360.com/articles/737606/tra...

I read this article and some of the tracfone blogs and it looks like the cheap bundles will be phased out.  I hope I'm wrong but qvc cancelled their tracfone tsv on 1/12/16 with no explanation.  Does anyone know anything abouit this ?

Super Contributor

Re: Tracfone phasing out bundles on shopping networks ????

I wonder if they get too many returns on their smartphone bundles because the coverage is lousy in a lot of places.  I've sent two back to Evine earlier this year because although my Tracfone LG 800 works great and I've always had the best service coverage with it through Tracfone I couldn't get coverage for the true smartphones through Tracfone in my area and I did enter my zip code before I purchased them and the system said I was in a covered area.

Regular Contributor

I don't doubt that they are phasing them out.  They ought to phase out Tracphone entirely as they are a crappy phone service.  Their customer service isn't in the U.S, so you spend most of the time you have paid for just trying to figure out what the customer service agent is saying.  I hated that phone company and went to Consumer Cellular.

Honored Contributor

Oh, too bad.  I have Tracfone and so does my husband.  We both love it.  We use Verison and our phones work great.

I have only had to call their CS one time.  They were very helpful and they gave me 1300 minutes of airtime free.

I think their phones and their service are great and easy to use and understand.

Honored Contributor

No issues at all with tracfone customer service or the phone.  It would be sad if the bundles went away.  First I've heard of the topic.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Tracfone got the BIG start from the shopping networks. If not for the networks I doubt I would have even heard of Tracfone, or prepaid cell service. Today hsn had a 5.5" Tracfone Smartphone for less than 100 bucks. It had 2 of the best providers in our area, Sprint and Verizon.

Tracfone sells a lot of new phones to people like myself. I buy a new plan every year as it us cheaper than adding minutes. A lot of their profit is from selling new phones. There is no B&M store that can come even close to selling the numbers sold by shopping networks. I won't believe this until I see Tracfone officially announce this.

If they do I will go with the monthly Sprint plan my wife uses. Cost me more, but I am not signing anymore long term cell phone contracts, I would go without before going that route again.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

We've only ever had Tracfones for the past 15 years and have had great service.  Had to call customer service a few times in the early days but not in the last few years.  Everything can be done online or through their automated phone service, IF you just READ and follow the instructions.  (It's amazing how many people don't and then complain that it's Tracfone's fault.)

I hope they're not doing away with the bundles.

I never saw anything about a Tracfone TSV for the 12th, so maybe that was just a bit of misinformation?

Honored Contributor

I have had a tracfone from way back to about when they first started and love the service.  I did have some problems early on that were satisfactorily corrected.  I have had to call CS many times in the past and if I could not understand them I asked if there was someone who spoke English and was transferred to someone who either was fluent or was from the US - no problem.  There is a corporate office in Florida that I was referred to once also.  Now everything can be done online and it's great.  I have better coverage than  many paying big bucks for plans. There is poor coverage for most with expensive plans at our vacation cottage location but my tracfone always works great.

Super Contributor

Love tracfone - have had at least 5 tracfones through hsn and qvc and hope they don't discontinue bundles.  Maybe they will just crack down on companies that did not comply with the rules.

Right now I am on my second LGL41C.  It's the best!  I ported my number from my previous phone (service was great for that!) and I've got loads of minutes for texts, data, and calls that always carry over.

Respected Contributor

If TF is "phasing out bundles," they're not doung so on HSN, who's offered a TF bundle in two separate presentations since the QVC TSV was canceled. Since the QVC rep was reminding viewers of the QVC special as late as January 9, I suspect we'll eventually be seeing them back at Q. At least I hope so.

What worries you masters you.