Frequent Contributor

Is anyone familiar with this brand or even this specific phone?  I googled it and apparently ATT also uses it on their pay as you go plan.   Has a newish OS _ Lollipop and a 5.5 screen....opinions??

TY!

Esteemed Contributor

@BHawk

This is one review of this phone. Please find more reviews at YouTube,and other sites.

http://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com/2015/09/tracfone-zte-quartz-review-android.html

Frequent Contributor

TY, Nutmeg....did not find that on my searches.....but not sure the Quartz is the same as the ZMAX 2 ......will investigate more.

Respected Contributor

@BHawk, did you ever order this phone?  I am considering it while there is free shipping today.  Most of the online reviews I've read anywhere are favorable as are the comments on Howard Forums.

Honored Contributor

@BHawk wrote:

Is anyone familiar with this brand or even this specific phone?  I googled it and apparently ATT also uses it on their pay as you go plan.   Has a newish OS _ Lollipop and a 5.5 screen....opinions??

TY!

@BHawk

What features are you looking for in a Tracfone, size/operating system/minutes/texts/data/price/color? Don't know much about the phone you mention, but I do know that LG and Samsung are a couple with the highest ratings with tracfone.

I've had 9 different phones including Motorola/Samsung and LG, and I plan on sticking with LG and/Samsung. My present Tracfone expires in July and I am presently looking at 2 different Tracfone. Both are LG, one a newer model than the other and with a 5" screen/newer operating system, and more minutes/texts and data?

Only $20 difference in price and I am still thinking it over.

hnj

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor

Hey John and Tgbtg!  I actually bought the LG Treasure a few weeks ago.  I like it!  Well, except for the swipe to answer feature.  I decided to go with a brand that I knew and liked.  

The 5 inch screen is great and it has the newer operating system.

becki

Respected Contributor

Well, I will be the guinea pig for us.  lol  I bought this phone with the Visa Checkout discount making it around $130 with tax.  It has Gorilla Glass, pretty good reviews on HSN, Amazon, and AT&T, and ZTE is the 4th largest manufacturer of cell phones so hoping it will be a good one for me.  If the price drops in the next 30 days, HSN will refund the difference, too.

Frequent Contributor

OK ... big question, Tgbtg:  what methods are available to answer on this one???

Honored Contributor

@BHawk wrote:

Hey John and Tgbtg!  I actually bought the LG Treasure a few weeks ago.  I like it!  Well, except for the swipe to answer feature.  I decided to go with a brand that I knew and liked.  

The 5 inch screen is great and it has the newer operating system.

becki

@BHawk

The Samsung model I have had for 2 years, same model 2 different phones, you have to "swipe" to answer. Dropped my wife and her mother off at a restaurant to eat lunch(I do not spend money eating out). It was a part of town I am not familiar with, so I told her to call my cell when they were done eating.

I had some things to do so I would not be going home, thus told her to call my cell. She called, AND?  I could not figure out how to answer it. So! I called her--Voice Mail, no luck. She called again and I am still fumbling around trying to figure out how to answer this *@$+*_-\ phone. No luck.

Kept calling her and finally got through to her and she told me how to find the restaurant again. She drove there and I wasn't really paying attention to the "where" of this place. She does not like me saying any to, or about her driving. So mums the word when I am a passenger.

I only used this phone to keep time at my hockey league games. They rent ice time by the hour and use only cell phone time. I had made a couple calls with it, but I never keep it on long enough for anyone to call me, plus only myself and my wife know the cell number.

Just a funny story to tell you and anyone else that needs a laugh, I can take it!   :-)  

hnj

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@BHawk wrote:

OK ... big question, Tgbtg:  what methods are available to answer on this one???

I looked at the interactive tutorial and the online user guide before I bought it, and the only way to answer it is to slide a green bar down. So you don't swipe; you slide a green bar down. We will see how easy it is. By the way, we followed the advice a poster gave on another thread about an easier way to swipe to answer on the Sunset. That poster was correct. If you put your finger on answer and slide up and keep your finger on the screen it will answer the first time.