Frequent Contributor

I just received my new Tracfone today and it is up and running but I do have a question when I receive a call you have to swipe the answer button but I keep trying to swipe the button but I can't get it to work so I miss the call. Is there any other way to answer the phone without having to swipe the button? 

Thank You

Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone Question

[ Edited ]

There are a lot of Q&A sites on the Internet.  Put in the make and model of your phone.

I'm completely locked out of mine.  Spent 40 min with tech support last week and I finally told her I wanted a new phone.  They sent me a prepaid FedEx envelope for returning it.  The problem with mine is that ##%&*# tap code.  It doesn't work.  Mine is the Sunset model from HSN.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Why not call Tracfone CS & ask them?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Squirt60 - If this was the latest QVC TSV, you should be able to check out the tutorial for it on the Tracfone site.  They have an interactive tutorial for all of their phones.  In this case, it should be this one:

LG Tutorial

You can change the way you answer the phone in your settings.  At the bottom of the above tutorial, you'll see a link (on the Tracfone site) to the actual manual for your phone.  It should answer all your questions.

I've ordered these for my DH and myself.  One of them should be arriving tomorrow, I hope.

(ETA:  In the meantime, just try "swiping" upwards, when you answer the phone.  And you don't need to press really hard either; the screens are quite responsive for the most part.)

Respected Contributor
@Squirt60, If this is the Premier, I'm expecting mine tomorrow. I'm assuming it will have the option to bypass that "swipe." I hate it, and my Ultimate 2 is set to answer via the home button. Go to "Settings," open "Call," and choose "Home Button Answers Phone." I can't believe they'd drop that popular option.

What worries you masters you.
Frequent Contributor

I also had that feature with my last phone. This one does not. You have to swipe the answer button. Good luck with your new phone.

Respected Contributor
I know. I'm getting good at swiping lol. The phone came today, and I'm getting used to it. I like it but, like a lot of companies, LG creates a marketplace for features (LED flash notifications, clock widgets [none with the Premier]), then omits them in subsequent models but voilá--there's an app for that! Not interested, even though they're free. It's all about advertising and accessing your device. Anyway, the phone is pretty intuitive. We'll discuss it on a dedicated thread!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

To answer, just swipe until you see the circle flashing, then freeze!  LOL!

Answer the phone.

I figured it out by trial and error.

Initially, it was frustrating.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor
I don't even do that. I simply give it a hard press then immediately move my finger up. Lol, but that doesn't mean I like the swipe.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My DH had this issue too and I have finally convinced him that the secret is to keep his finger touching the screen as he swipes it. He was lifting his finger off the screen as he swiped. Try to keep your finger touching the screen throughout your entire swipe.