Contributor

Tell me how to manage 2 iPods with one iTunes and one iTunes account

I have a 160G classic will ALL my music on it (over 15G), as well as some audiobooks and a few music videos, TV shows and movies. I've used this for viewing pre loaded video content while traveling but it's primary use is music while driving, it lives in the car.My music on this iPod is very organized, not just by artist and album and it took me weeks to set up specialized folders, etc.

I have on order, should be here in a couple of days, a 64G Touch. I plan to use it for completely different things than the classic; very little music, more video content, a variety of apps. I will need to connect this iPod to my existing iTunes and log in with my existing accounts to get it the way I want it, but, I definitely DO NOT want it to sync with what I have in iTunes and waste 15 plus Gig of space with all that music although I may add some select music later.

I know I can do this, and hope I need only one iTunes account, I am just not sure how I can stop iTunes from syncing with this second iPod and ending up with all that music on there before I know it.

Does anyone else do this? How do I keep my music library in iTunes and my classic and OUT of the new Touch? How do I manage this with a single iTunes account, single credit card on file, etc.