Honored Contributor

TRACFONE - Is this possible?

I'm not absolutely sure this TSV will work for me, but want to try .....

I'm thinking of activating the phone, but keeping my current cell phone for a month or two more and, if the new one works. terminating service with my current phone, and switching the phone number to the Tracfone.

So .....  can I start with one phone number to get to know the phone, and then later switch my long time cell phone # to the Tracfone?

Feedback?   TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: TRACFONE - Is this possible?

@Tinkrbl44, I have had an old "flip" Tracfone for many years, and I love not having a contract, but I think it is time for me to update, I am thinking about this as well!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought myself a Tracphone for Christmas last year.  Only used it a few times.  When it expired last week I did NOT renew.

However, today's TSV is a steal!  $80 and freeS&H.  Hmmmmm ....

Too bad the screen is so small --- doesn't solve my problem w/ my last phone.

E230009

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

They just said, "you can keep your own cell #."

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

I don't know if you can activate the new phone while  keeping your number on the flip phone.

Thought I saw a thread on here this week set up by the TracPhone folks to answer questions   I would ask one of them.

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I'm not absolutely sure this TSV will work for me, but want to try .....

I'm thinking of activating the phone, but keeping my current cell phone for a month or two more and, if the new one works. terminating service with my current phone, and switching the phone number to the Tracfone.

So .....  can I start with one phone number to get to know the phone, and then later switch my long time cell phone # to the Tracfone?

Feedback?   TIA!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Go to the TSV thread where they're answering questions and ask there.   Too complicated for us. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   FYI,  this "Treasure"  is an older phone HSN sold last spring. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@Tinkrbl44, I have had an old "flip" Tracfone for many years, and I love not having a contract, but I think it is time for me to update, I am thinking about this as well!

@Hooty

Saw a Smart Flip Tracfone on hsn over the weekend. Think only 1 company makes them right. Many like flip phones because they fit "ear to mouth" much better because they are longer, but still very small when closed.

This Tracfone came with lots of minutes/texts and data just like others from that no contract company. Might want to check it out if you want to update, and stick with a flip phone. Don't remember price, but it was under $100.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624, I personally don't see this as a problem, older models are better sometimes, less bells & whistles, for us older adults, LOL!

I just ordered mine for me for Christmas, if I don't like it, can always send it back!

@hckynut, thanks for the tip!

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Seriously?!  I thought this would be an upgrade.  I purchase all the tracfones just for the minutes.  I then give the old phones to my grand children since they work with wi fi for them to game play!  I wondered if this was the same one I bought from the other channel