Respected Contributor

Syncing iPhone photos with my iMac

I occationally take pictures with my iPhone and until lately, all I had to do was open Photos on my phone and they transfered to my computer.  Don't ask me what happened, since I didn't change anything, but it no longer does that.  I tried looking for answer through Google and Apple support and I couldn't find an answer to my problem. 

I can connect my phone via a cable and transfer the pictures so I am able to get the photos.  It's not a hardship access the pictures but I always want to know why something stops working.  Does anyone have an idea?

I did stop data roaming on my iPhone while I traveled but have changed it back.  I have done all of the recent updates both on my phone and computer. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Syncing iPhone photos with my iMac

Are you connected in the iCloud? That's one way to make sure the photos transfer automatically within your Apple products. When "The Cloud" first came out, it was confusing but, it's easy to navigate once your used to it. I sometimes find it generates doubles but, you can easily delete one.
Also, check your settings. There are one or two settings you need to turn on in order to "sync" your devices.
I've called "Apple Care" a couple times and found they are just great.
Good luck!
Respected Contributor

I checked iCloud and the photos exceed my available space.  Do you know how to check what is being stored in iCloud and delete the ones I no longer need to be stored? 

Esteemed Contributor

I found info about managing storage on iCloud

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204247

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I still don't know how to delete the photos store in my iCoud account.  I did what was suggested and it doesn't get me to a list of photos in the iCloud account.  Everytime I update my Apple devices, something doesn't work right.  It's getting almost as bad as Microsoft. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It works the same as usual with my imac and my iphone 6+. But, aren't you the poster that chose not to start using the photo app on Yosemite and stayed using iphoto? Or am I confusing you with someone else? Because icloud photo library won't automatically sync with iphoto, it does automatically sync across devices into the Yosemite photo app. 

Anyway, if you have icloud photo library turned you can delete items from the photo app by logging into your account on icloud.com in the photos app. If you haven't used it before it will need to upload your photos from your desktop to icloud. 

You also need to have the photos app turned on, on your phone, in settings, icloud. 

If you're still using the old iphoto app on your imac then you need to import your photos into the new photo app if you want them to sync across devices automatically using icloud music library. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I only use Photos to import photos from my iPhone if I don't have the cord handy.  All I want to know is how to access my photos in iCloud to delete them.  

Honored Contributor

I explained how to deleted them in my last post. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

Mine isn't updating anymore like it used to - ever since that last update. It seems my iPhone 5s can't hold onto the wifi signal from my cable long enough to backup automatically. Same thing with my iPad 2.

I hate updates b/c it always screws something up!!!