Super Contributor

Symantic endpoint protection

I am about as paranoid as a person can get and I update my security every day. My Symantic has not updated since January 5th. If any of you have it, can you check to see if yours has updated since?

Thank you! (time to pay some bills and I don't want to go in in case i've been hacked)

Respected Contributor

Re: Symantic endpoint protection

Have you tried to update it? Do you get an error message?

Honored Contributor

Once open, click on "live update" and it will update your "virus definitions."

At school we had to do this once per week (or used to) ... this meant that when a "scan" ran, it ran the most updated type. I need to schedule my scans, I guess, on my new Norton 360... but all of the categories are checked and are green -- which I assume means "good to go."

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

I update every day but there are no updates to be had. Once in a while there won't be updates for several days but 11 days is pushing it.

Honored Contributor

I just checked for live updates and it did. However, when I clicked on scans -- a full scan has never been run. So I need to do that even though it has only been truly running for two full days. My weekly full scan I will schedule for once per week. It also has a check box for Facebook... this is interesting... I have never done this one before.

Do your options look the same?

Super Contributor

On 1/16/2015 lovestoteach said:

I just checked for live updates and it did. However, when I clicked on scans -- a full scan has never been run. So I need to do that even though it has only been truly running for two full days. My weekly full scan I will schedule for once per week. It also has a check box for Facebook... this is interesting... I have never done this one before.

Do your options look the same?

nothing for facebook. The Proactive Threat updated to today but the Antivirus/anti spyware and the Network Threat protection has not updated since January 5th.

Honored Contributor

I will check mine too... could it be that there are no new definitions during that period of time? Also, I ran a fast scan on start-up in the am and once at lunch and another at 3pm b/c the school had a virus once before and it was such a mess.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Maybe I put too much stock in symantec, but if everything has a green check on it... I figure I'm covered! The school stopped reminding us to update (?) so it seemed that whatever Symantec program they were using had been updated to the point that all of us (computer literate or not!) would be protected. Still, because my dropbox files looked funny after a summer off, I kept the scheduled scans. HTH FAT CAT would you let me know if you find out something more? THX

ETA: Lookout protection for iPad/iPhone also has the "scream" option for lost phones. Mine needs to be updated and so does the IOS... however, I am so afraid to b/c the ipad now connects for Facetime and wouldn't before... oh, law!!!

Super Contributor

no, mine doesn't look like that. I don't have Norton, which is a symantic program. I have symantic endpoint. Looks entirely different.