Honored Contributor

Signing In To Amazon Video Through Tivo

I just tried to sign in to my Amazon Prime Video account through my Tivo, and it wouldn't let me.  I then went to Amazon.com and added my mobile # and changed my password in case I was remembering it incorrectly.  You do sign in with your regular Amazon e-mail or cell phone # and password, don't you??

I just joined Amazon Prime recently and haven't tried watching any shows yet.  If no one can help me here, I'll call Amazon.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Signing In To Amazon Video Through Tivo

Sorry, I don't know about TIVO, I watch with my IPad, and access  content through the Amazon APP.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

You have to register your approved device to view video on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/devices

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

You have to register your approved device to view video on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/devices

@Nuttmeg, We've been playing with all you can do with Tivo. What fun. Christmas in May for us. I had no idea this was so great and easy and gives you so much. This is our form of entertainment hands down.  I'll add this info in case we need this. We're learning so much.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Nuttmeg  Thank you so much!  I was able to get my Tivo Premiere registered through this link, but the new Tivo Bolt isn't listed.  The info that came with the Tivo Bolt says that you can watch Amazon Video through it.  Do you know how I would get that registered, or would I need to contact Amazon?

Edited to add:  I finally was able to register my Tivo Bolt.  It's a completely different place.  They should have all of the approved Tivos in the same place.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack

i have called amazon CS directly many times and have never waited much over a couple minutes to talk with a live human. i don't even fool with live chat anymore with any issue pertaining to amazon.

hnj

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I got it registered.  Apparently, there's a different page to register the Tivo Bolt.

-Henry David Thoreau