Trusted Contributor

Re: Should I get a new computer with Windows 7??

@nomless wrote:

It probably will be difficult to find a computer to buy with Win 7.  If you do find one, the price should be heavily discounted.  Be aware that Microsoft's extended support for Win 7 ends Jan 2020.

BTW, I love Win 8.1.  Have not used Win 10.

No, Windows 7 systems are still out there, and are not that difficult to find at all. They are quite inexpensive now.

Respected Contributor

The only real reason for staying with an older operating system is if you have a program that isn't compatible with the newest one.  I know people who have programs they need for work or business that aren't compatible with Windows 10.  I upgraded to El Capitan and now have games that won't play. Not all software companies are willing to develop patches for older programs.

So, there are bonafide reasons for staying with an older operating system and needing a new computer.  But in my never to be humble opinion, refusing to learn something new isn't a good reason unless you have memory problems or dementia. 

Regular Contributor

I'm so glad that I updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 in July before reading anything about it because if I had I wouldn't have updated (probably) and I really like Windows 10. I actually don't know my way around Windows although Windows is all I've ever used. 

If you decide to give Windows 10 a try, I highly recommend: Windows 10 The Missing Manual by David Pogue.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cindy-QVC wrote:
This post has been removed byQVC inappropriate

Thank you Cindy... this member gib613 has jumped on my posts before. I really hope QVC considers getting that ignore feature back. Have a nice day!Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I do like the Microsoft edge better then the Internet  explorer. I find  faster web surfing with it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Toppers wrote:

@nomless wrote:

It probably will be difficult to find a computer to buy with Win 7.  If you do find one, the price should be heavily discounted.  Be aware that Microsoft's extended support for Win 7 ends Jan 2020.

BTW, I love Win 8.1.  Have not used Win 10.

No, Windows 7 systems are still out there, and are not that difficult to find at all. They are quite inexpensive now.

I saw some from the HP website and Toshiba website when I was shopping for a new computer with windows 10. I saw some that were refurbished and some that were called "budget friendly." Yes, they are still out there and you can get them.

Valued Contributor

I just purchased a Toshiba Chromebook - I wanted nothing to do with windows anymore.  I luv the chromebook - I am retired so don't need all the stuff with windows.

Respected Contributor

I also gave up on PC's and got a MacBook. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

I also gave up on PC's and got a MacBook. 

And you saved yourself a lot of headaches good for you! Enjoy it.Cat Wink